Red-bellied Woodpecker

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mommy Takes Off
Parents taking turn on feeding the 3 healthy chicks. Going to start shooting until they all fledged.
1Dx, 600 II, 1/3200, f/8, ISO4000

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

~I have been working on this project for the last few weeks. So far the chicks are healthy and the pair has been feeding the babies. It is a hard nest to shoot. As you can see in this shot, there is about 2-2.5 ft space btw the nest and the palm tree to the left. I am going to start shoot from the hardest angle soon and I hope to capture some better landing shots. It has been a tough week with all the rain we have, I had no choice but to shoot in a high ISO to achieve the minimum shutter speed that I need to free these guys in a frame. Enjoy and please share.

1Dx, 600mm, 1/3200, f/6.3, ISO10,000, Full Frame

Number 2 is super cool. I never seen a pic from that angle. How were you able to set up that high?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I Like one the best. Too bad the bird isn't flying the other way. :)
Thank you all.
Allan, they flew the other way plenty of times. I spent a few hours starring at the nest each day: before and after work :)

Real Name
Luis Casals
You still in town?
Nope, Unfortunately I am back in Orlando now. I was in St. Petersburg this last weekend from Wednesday to Sunday. Too bad there was so much rain. However, I took the wife to Shell Island on Saturday late afternoon for a little while. I had not been there in years, lots of birds.

Nope, Unfortunately I am back in Orlando now. I was in St. Petersburg this last weekend from Wednesday to Sunday. Too bad there was so much rain. However, I took the wife to Shell Island on Saturday late afternoon for a little while. I had not been there in years, lots of birds.
Too bad, I was going take you to shoot RBWP :)

I love the quick conect I got from your friend. Am going to order more when I settle down. I was photographing a lightning storm last night and a GHO flew just down the hill from me. All this rain has held me up on working on new boat. Will be back in north Florida in a few days. I will holler at you then, River trip?

I love the quick conect I got from your friend. Am going to order more when I settle down. I was photographing a lightning storm last night and a GHO flew just down the hill from me. All this rain has held me up on working on new boat. Will be back in north Florida in a few days. I will holler at you then, River trip?
I have used up most of my time off being gone for 3 weeks in Asia. Perhaps next season?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom