1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Red foxes

Discussion in 'Birds' started by SteveK, Mar 28, 2007.

1. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    Snack food.

[​IMG]

Wonder what I can do with this thing?

[​IMG]

Humans are just so boring!

[​IMG]

2. Oh STeve! I love em!!!!!!!!!! No wonder you have a red fox for your avatar! I hope I can catch some of those some day! Completely awsome!:biggrin:

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great shots as usual
    I bet you have pics of them juming up and diving into the snow:>)))))

4. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    Funny shots Steve. What a treat!

5. outstanding Steve! Seeing your wildlife images is inspiring to me

6. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Steve,

I can't help but think of 'Little Red Riding Hood' when I see your last picture. Wonderful pictures!

Gaye

7. BryanSpeed

BryanSpeed

Feb 20, 2007
    N. Texas
    so love the 2nd one, that takes the cake :) 

8. i love foxes! these are great.

9. Timeout

Timeout

May 23, 2006
    SoCal
    Steve, great shots of another of earth's beautiful creatures!

That second shot is something else! What f/stop and shutterspeed is s/he using anyway? The tripod looks a tad too high. :biggrin:

10. You must be the Fox whisperer, They are almost nocturnal around here.

Great set Steve

11. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    I'd been photographing the fox with a 500 when it came close to me. I put the tripod down and started after the fox with an 80-200 only to have the fox go to my tripod to investigate.

We don't have any darkness for most of the summer, so "nocturnal" isn't possible. Also, I believe there may be less available food in places here, so foxes follow large predators looking for scraps. We frequently see them close to bears, and I've seen them following wolves too. I'm assuming that they come up close to people for the same reason, hoping to find food.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.