Red Hawk (I think)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Frits, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Taken today, fooling around some with my 300 f/2.8.

I like this lens!! :D

Frits

[​IMG]

2. Beautifully done Frits!!!!!!!!!! wow..........luv the DOF and background as well. Nice combo ;-)

3. Frits

That is really a nice image. The detail is really great. Good job.

Russ

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice image Frits. I love my 300 2.8. IMHO, it is the best piece of Nikon glass that you can get. I use mine for everything from wildlife to macros.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Sweet image Frits...very majestic bird!

6. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    300 2.8 huh..... yup! love mine also. keeps you far enough away even on this bird so they don't get spooky. Nice shot.

7. Beautiful image Frits!!! Love how the pale green in the background highlights the hawk and then fades into the darker green and makes the hawk really stand out!

Thanks for sharing. :)

8. Wow very beautiful, that is a gorgeous hawk and a great capture was this in the wild or at a preserve. You are right the 300 2.8 is a great lens

9. this is great work! You are going to have a ball with glass like that.

10. Where did you get this one Frits ??? :lol:

:oops:

11. Thanks Mike. This was in a sort of a shelter in Montreal, where they give a home to injured or abandoned animals.

Yeah, right Yves!! I'm sure you don't have any idea where I took this :D :D

12. Majestic looking shot with good bokeh.

13. Wow Frits! That is an awesome image, regardless of where you shot it. The clarity, crispness, vibrant colors and wonderful background all contribute to an excellent capture, and that's in addition to the subject, of course! :lol: 8)

14. I have been looking for such a place around here to get some nice portraits of birds of prey for my wall

15. That is exactly what I did, Mike. The full quality version (rather then a downsized internet version) looks awesome in print.
    The shot is exactly as I took it with only my regular postprocessing (sharpening, curves - nothing else and not a pixel cropped).

Thanks Dennis. I positioned myself with exactly that in mind. It came out well.

16. Have you tried Mirandas d2h uprez plugin for large prints it is fantastic. PM me if you are interested in giving it a try

17. Thanks for your kind offer, Mike.
    No I have not tried it. My camera is a D1x and I print up to letter size (with my - profiled - Canon PIXMA iP8500). There are not enough walls in my house to start printing bigger :D :D
    At this size, my prints are tack-sharp.

18. Very nice and the background too is very nice, making some kind of halo. Have you ever been to the biodôme, if so, is the lighting good in there.

19. Merci Gilles.

No, I have never been to the Biodôme. I understand it is very nice. I also think it gets pretty busy during the vacation period, so I'd go during an off-season week day.

Salutations,

20. Stunning image, superb shot Frits, congrats.