Red Headed Woodpeckers are here!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
A pair of red headed woodpeckers are working on TWO homes in a huge oak tree in our front yard!

Even using my 200-400 with a 1.4 tele, these were cropped a lot. I'm going to have to get a stool to sit on so I can aim up so much! :eek:

Should be fun practising shutter speed, ISO and DOF. I really HATE shooting ISO 800 or above due to the amount of noise I get on my D300! I generally shoot A priority...

As always, comments and critiques appreciated!

1/180 @ f8, ISO 800 +1
1251308386_9Y95Y-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1/500 @ f5.6, ISO 1600 +1
1251308508_TSoYf-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

You have some pretty birds in your yard. It is good to hear this pair is building a nest in your tree. It is going to be a fun summer for you watching the family grow and getting some really nice images.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
WTG Karen!!

Thanks!

You wont have to travel to far for hopefully family portraits.

I'm already trying to figure out how to get a higher vantage point! They are REALLY up there!

You have some pretty birds in your yard. It is good to hear this pair is building a nest in your tree. It is going to be a fun summer for you watching the family grow and getting some really nice images.

I'm looking forward to many sessions! And - the practise will be very good for me!

Really nice shots. My D300 handles noise really well up to about 1600 if Im careful not to under expose.

I'm glad for you! Above ISO 800 I get a lot of noise, everywhere, but of course especially in the shadows.

What a Beauty! Nice job Karen!

Thanks, Steve.

Latest threads

Top Bottom