Red Necked Phalarope et al

Real Name
Dan
Well the sun finally came out today and it warmed up to a balmy 45F. It was so nice this evening I had to go shoot something. We don't get many actual clear sunny days up here. So I rode down to the local shorebird sanctuary to see what was up. Quite a bit of acivity. I got a lifetime first with the rednecked phalarope.

Red Necked Phalarope

150291419.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Arctic Tern

150291497.jpg

Mew Gull enjoying the sun too

150291498.jpg

Real Name
Dan
Thanks for all the comments, folks. It was a beautiful evening. Nice, clear evening light sure helped. That kind of light is not so common up here. At least not when the birds are around.

Nice shots Dan. The phalaropes nest around our lakes, as do the terns and mew gulls. But they may not do so this year, as we still have over two feet of snow on the lakes; normally there'd be some open water by now.

Real Name
Dan
Thanks, folks. I think that's my best tern shot to date. It was definately some great light. Took that shot at just past 9PM. I think I got some good tern shots yesterday but no time to deal with them yet.

Steve you guys really got hammered this year. I drove up to Trapper Creek in search of their cranes. They said they had all sorts of waterfowl and shorebirds that they don't normally get because of more than normal standing water in the fields. Odd reports from all over the state on migration patterns this year.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom