Red Scarf In The Light... And The Dark...

Discussion in 'People' started by Graeme, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Very good Graeme. Just the right balance between light and dark..I am really starting to like the negative space too.

2. Thanks Eric............ I look at it like this............ if we didn't have negative.......... there wouldn't be any point in positive!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

G

3. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Taken in available light? Notice that I use scarves and other accessories a lot in my work of late. They help to complement the image in this form of photography. Something I learn is that the accessories cannot be to strong to distract attention from the subject.

In this image IMHO the scarf has taken away a bit of attention from the subject. Other than I like how you composed the pix and played with the light. The pix is definitely well taken. Thanks for sharing again, Graeme!

4. I didn't get a chance to comment on all your shots lately but I have enjoyed them. I'm getting into a phase where available light photography is really calling out to me and this shot adds to those cries.

The eyes on this shot just lock you in... well done (as were the others).

5. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Another absolutely outstanding piece of art Graeme. I swear.....your latest series has kicked your work up to notched previously unknown!! Perfect! Of course you have created a serious problem for yourself; it's gonna be very tough to top this!

6. I too am beginning to experiment with negative space and like what you have done here. Nice shot for sure.

7. This is a stand-out shot from you Graeme. All of your work is very creative but this one ups the ante.

8. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Nicely done! The touch of light on the subjects left shoulder is well placed. I'd like to see just a touch more light in her left eye, but otherwise this is an excellent image.

Chiaroscuro!

9. Banhup.......... yes, taken in natural light. I understand what you are syaing in regards to the scarf, but for me, it works well here! :cool:

Thanks Brian........ :smile:

Thanks Stu... don't put any pressure on me then............. :eek: :biggrin:

Thank you Gordon.................thanks for looking! :wink:

Thanks Woody............appreciated.

Thanks Scott............. and I appreciate the link!

10. tomj

tomj

Feb 5, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Beautiful image Graeme.

Regards,

11. Nchesher

Nchesher

Jul 7, 2006
    Lansing,MI
    Very nice. I love the mood. I think it would help if the scarf had a bit more color even. You have this light/dark thing and boom! there's the red of the scarf. Nicely done.

12. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Graeme, I like this shot, the composition and colorsare great. The only thing I'd comment on is that her left shoulder (camera right) is a bit bright and draws me away from her face. Other than that...its a great shot.

13. Very nice image Graeme!
    I like the play of light vs. dark, but also the composition enhances the overall effect very nicely. Good job!

14. Thanks Joshua........... I liked that shoulder! :wink:

Thanks Frits.......... very kind of you! :cool:

G

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.