1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Red Shafted Flicker

Discussion in 'Birds' started by kramp, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Getting these birds coming in regularly now, soon I will set up the blind and get some good pictures, these are through the kitchen window , ran the flash cord outside to the flash though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

300 f4 afs + 1.4 tc iso 800, uncropped I shouldn't have had the tc on..

Martin

2. Looks really good to me! I've never seen a Red-Shafted Flicker before only the Northern.

3. Interesting coloration on this bird! Nice results for ISO800, too!

4. Nice lighting and exposures Martin. I think you can see a bit of the window effect in this though. Will be nice when you catch them on a nice perch. I have had my woodpecker feeders up for more than a week now, but still not one woodpecker has shown up yet. How long did they take to find your feeders?

Ann, the Red-shafted Flicker and Northern Flicker are one and the same now. Red-shafted FLicker is the old name for this species. The Red-shafted Flicker, Yellow-shafted and Gilded Flicker were all lumped into one species a few years back, i.e. the Northern Flicker.

t

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    A very pretty species (I have one that I got out behind our company building, but nowhere near as close as this one). Nice shot too. :smile:

6. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    Beautiful captures, Martin

7. Nice capture will be experimenting with multiple flashes around my feeders soon

8. Thanks for the comments, I really should make some thing that fits in the window with a hole in it for these type of shots,

Martin

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.