Red Shafted Flicker

Discussion in 'Birds' started by kramp, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Getting these birds coming in regularly now, soon I will set up the blind and get some good pictures, these are through the kitchen window , ran the flash cord outside to the flash though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

300 f4 afs + 1.4 tc iso 800, uncropped I shouldn't have had the tc on..

Martin

2. Looks really good to me! I've never seen a Red-Shafted Flicker before only the Northern.

3. Interesting coloration on this bird! Nice results for ISO800, too!

4. Nice lighting and exposures Martin. I think you can see a bit of the window effect in this though. Will be nice when you catch them on a nice perch. I have had my woodpecker feeders up for more than a week now, but still not one woodpecker has shown up yet. How long did they take to find your feeders?

Ann, the Red-shafted Flicker and Northern Flicker are one and the same now. Red-shafted FLicker is the old name for this species. The Red-shafted Flicker, Yellow-shafted and Gilded Flicker were all lumped into one species a few years back, i.e. the Northern Flicker.

t

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    A very pretty species (I have one that I got out behind our company building, but nowhere near as close as this one). Nice shot too. :smile:

6. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    Beautiful captures, Martin

7. Nice capture will be experimenting with multiple flashes around my feeders soon

8. Thanks for the comments, I really should make some thing that fits in the window with a hole in it for these type of shots,

Martin