Red Tail at Lunch

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Came out of one of our facilities and there was this hawk perched on one the the phone poles behind the building. Taken with the D2X and 200-400 VR
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bfjr

bfjr Guest

You know how I dig Raptors !!
    this is great, all I can say, now I'm jealous again :biggrin:

3. This is excellent Mike !

200-400.... one of those days :)

We have to get together for some bird shooting one of those days.

4. Man, that's a nice result from that lens!! Wish it weren't so dang expensive. Great shots, once again, Mike!!

5. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Mike

Excellent but we've come to expect nothing less from you :)

6. Nice shot Mike!!

7. Excellent shots, Mike. In the second, the shadow makes its eye really, really big and somehow very innocent to me. The 200-400mm is on my wish list after the D200 ... or D2X.

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Really love the second one...It's amazing how large his eyes are!

9. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Lucky you, they're just hanging around the facilities at your work. Jees, I live out in the country, and I'm lucky if I see one once a week. :mad: The compression that lens length has makes it's tail feathers look quite minuscule.

10. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Mike:

Those are just brilliant! :biggrin: How lucky you are to capture them. When I see them, they are so high in the sky or just shrouded by pine needles, it's impossible to even attempt to get a shot of one. I agree that the eye in the second one, makes it a stand out.

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    OK, here's the deal (I saw this in a magazine called Bird Fashions and Models). One of the field reporters (a Peregrine Falcon I think) had an article that said 'get yourself over to where Mike Mac works and hang out nearby, and you will get your picture on a well known photo web site'.

:Whistle:

Excellent shots Mike. :wink:

12. Beautiful shots, Mike. What a great lunchhour!!

13. Reading the title, I thought you had eaten one of those birds for lunch! I am sure they taste like chicken, you know... :redface: :wink:

These are amazingly clear, and just brilliant! What a great set-up you have Mike... and a little bit of talent to go with it too! :cool: :biggrin:

14. Sorry about that when the maintenece guy told me he was out back I ran right out to the car and got my gear, he says he is there every week

15. Jay
    Thanks sure woudl liek to hook up and do some shooting, it is a stellar lens

16. Kevin
    thanks expensive but well worth it

17. thnaks Jim comign from you that is a huge compliment

18. thanks Bryan just thought I let you know watched the Eagles besides our Reggie Brown, Cincinnati had two players from Georgia

19. thanks Dao I was struck by the same thing on the 2nd shot, the 200-400 is a killer lens shooting some football with it today

20. I too was a amamzed at how it looked, I think it is the compression of the lens and the sahdow that make it so big