Red Tail at Lunch

Came out of one of our facilities and there was this hawk perched on one the the phone poles behind the building. Taken with the D2X and 200-400 VR
025.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

hawk.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

B

bfjr

You know how I dig Raptors !!
this is great, all I can say, now I'm jealous again :biggrin:

This is excellent Mike !

200-400.... one of those days :)

We have to get together for some bird shooting one of those days.

Excellent shots, Mike. In the second, the shadow makes its eye really, really big and somehow very innocent to me. The 200-400mm is on my wish list after the D200 ... or D2X.

Lucky you, they're just hanging around the facilities at your work. Jees, I live out in the country, and I'm lucky if I see one once a week. :mad: The compression that lens length has makes it's tail feathers look quite minuscule.

Mike:

Those are just brilliant! :biggrin: How lucky you are to capture them. When I see them, they are so high in the sky or just shrouded by pine needles, it's impossible to even attempt to get a shot of one. I agree that the eye in the second one, makes it a stand out.

OK, here's the deal (I saw this in a magazine called Bird Fashions and Models). One of the field reporters (a Peregrine Falcon I think) had an article that said 'get yourself over to where Mike Mac works and hang out nearby, and you will get your picture on a well known photo web site'.

:Whistle:

Excellent shots Mike. :wink:

Reading the title, I thought you had eaten one of those birds for lunch! I am sure they taste like chicken, you know... :redface: :wink:

These are amazingly clear, and just brilliant! What a great set-up you have Mike... and a little bit of talent to go with it too! :cool: :biggrin:

bfjr said:
You know how I dig Raptors !!
this is great, all I can say, now I'm jealous again :biggrin:
Sorry about that when the maintenece guy told me he was out back I ran right out to the car and got my gear, he says he is there every week

Jay Luto said:
This is excellent Mike !

200-400.... one of those days :)

We have to get together for some bird shooting one of those days.
Jay
Thanks sure woudl liek to hook up and do some shooting, it is a stellar lens

daodang said:
Excellent shots, Mike. In the second, the shadow makes its eye really, really big and somehow very innocent to me. The 200-400mm is on my wish list after the D200 ... or D2X.

thanks Dao I was struck by the same thing on the 2nd shot, the 200-400 is a killer lens shooting some football with it today

Latest threads

Top Bottom