1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Red Tail Hawk

Discussion in 'Birds' started by senna, Aug 5, 2007.

1. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    My first capture of a Red Tail. He was setting on a lamp pole so I waited for lift off.Would have liked some light on the face but I got what I could. D200/70-200vr

[​IMG]

2. TimK

TimK

Apr 17, 2006
    Hong Kong, China
    Nice work! Its always difficult to get a perfect BIF!

3. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Thanks Tim.

4. This is a very high-resolution photo you posted so I was able to make a 5X7 from it and try getting some of the face to show. I think if you shot this in raw you could work it to a fair size at a bit less PPI I used 150 for this from your posted photo. What do you think???
    Lou

1032956082_e8d234310e_o.

5. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    I'm not sure Lou. Is the face natural looking?

6. cleaned up great...db

7. Most likely not Troy but if you shot it in the raw mode than you have a bit more to work with than I did from the posted photo. I certainly would give anything a try with digital as it is quite simple to undo what you don't like where with film it's a whole other ball game. Besides remember the bottom line in any of the photos we look at here are how they look when printed not posted.
    Lou

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.