Red tail Hawk

I normally fly up north to visit a couple of my branches but decided to drive and take along the camera. It was well worth doing, but the funny thing was I didnt see many hawks, 5 hours there, 5 hours back. As I was driving home tonight this guy was about 1 mile from my house :lol: Go figure. All shots taken with the X , 500mm af-s f4 + 1.4tceII . First real opportunity to try it out 8)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 13691

View attachment 13692

Shot at f 7.1 @ 1/200 , faster shutter speed would have been nice........

Keith:

Well, the word STUNNING came to mind when I saw these. Gorgeous photos. :mrgreen: Where does 5 hours north of Alberta take you???
It's always when you least expect it, isn't it?

Keith,

These are outstanding!! I must have missed it. When did you get the 500?? Are you ready to get rid of that junk 400 2.8 yet?? :lol:

Frank your a mooch LOLOLOL

Keith those are marvelous images. Good job.

Sure with I could get a 500 and tc. Darn. I would be tied to the tripod though. Well I would do that. lolol

Hi Lisa, thanks for looking and the nice compliment! Well that puts me up to Fort Mac, plus further north to see all the oilsands, whole different world up there. Nice drive too! thanks again

Lisa said:
Keith:

Well, the word STUNNING came to mind when I saw these. Gorgeous photos. :mrgreen: Where does 5 hours north of Alberta take you???
It's always when you least expect it, isn't it?

Hi Frank

Had it for several weeks bit but first chance to get to use it, urghhhhhh. For first outing, have to say I really like :D You might have to pry that junk out of Twig's hands, he's having a blast with it shooting baseball! He should be in sales, he found me the 500mm so I could sell him the 400mm. LOL.......it worked 500mm is sweet but do have to say I miss the f2.8 for low light shooting, but dont miss carrying that 12 pounds :lol:

Flew said:
Keith,

These are outstanding!! I must have missed it. When did you get the 500?? Are you ready to get rid of that junk 400 2.8 yet?? :lol:

Thank you Gale.......not a biggie with the tripod, just put wheels on it, so in another 50 years you can use it for a walker. :lol: :lol: dual purpose! LOL

Gale said:
Frank your a mooch LOLOLOL

Keith those are marvelous images. Good job.

Sure with I could get a 500 and tc. Darn. I would be tied to the tripod though. Well I would do that. lolol

Thanks Bryan...........it is kind of cool. LOL........first real good shot of one, now to try it again :wink:

PhotoDawg said:
Nice going Keith. You really get an idea of the talon size on that bird in your last shot!! WOW!!

LOL, thanks for the offer. Just right size and weight, now the 400mm was heavy! guess f2.8 will do that to you, it was a big chunk of glass.........but it was sweet, just a tad short

PEPPER PETE said:
Looks sharp, clean and bright. Great shots Keith. That combo you use if it gets to heavy I'll take it off your hands. lol
Pete

Thanks Martin, naw couldnt be that lucky!!! I need a backyard like everyone else has here. LOL Put a deposit on a lakelot as they call it, I call it a slough, but it does have birdies ;-) See how that works out.

hope all is well

kramp said:
So is he sitting on one of "your branches" ;)

Awesome pics Kieth, great background, perfect focus.

Martin

I sure don't know what to say or what to add to what has already been said. Your images are outstanding...each and every one. Great colors, tack sharp and perfect crop.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom