Red-Winged blackbirds

Discussion in 'Birds' started by daodang, Apr 28, 2005.

1. It's rainy and grey in Montreal almost every day the last 2 weeks. A little sunbreak late sunday afternoon and go shooting I did. Here're some red-winged blackbird shots with Sigma 100-300mm/4

It's a pity that I don't see the little branch intruding in the upper bird's face. It's too late afterward.

Thanks for viewing.

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Gosh, they are pretty birds aren't they. The little branch isn't so bad. Still a very nice shot. How about I send some warm southern sunshine up your direction? :D

3. Thanks, Leigh. That's what my little girl keeps asking me for almost a week now: I wanna go to Florida this summer, Daddy. Warm water and sunshine are fun. ... But Daddy has spent a lot on Nikon gear this year and Mommy looks at Daddy with a very bad eye. :) :)

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice shots Dao. I told you that the birdie thing could get habit forming.... :lol:

Welcome to the group....;-)

Frank

5. nice captures Dao, well exposed on this tough to shoot black bird.

6. I have ┬źdiscovered┬╗ while photographing black butterflies that D100 spot metering with -0,7 to -1,3 EV does a good exposure job with those kind of black subjects.

7. Nice shots Dao, the last one looks a little grumpy at you for bugging him.

8. Good shootin' Dao. The last one is great..........looking right at you!!! :D :D :D

9. Very nicely done Dao...they are pretty birds but I find them irritating :D, they keep following me hopping from tree to tree screaming, while I am trying stealthily to stalk herons :roll:

Regards,
    -Vinod

10. Frank, you're right about habit forming. I take more and more pleasure to shoot birds. :!:

11. Gordon and Bryan, a warm thank.

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice shots of a difficult color bird.

I can't get the darn things right.

13. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shots! And don't worry -- in a month or two those of us in the south will be wanting to send you all our hot weather in exchange for some cool days!