Red Wings Game 6 WINNER!

Hey,

This was a crazy environment to shoot in, and a fun win to watch through the lens.

1 - An early stop
2581105100011SharksvsRedWings-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2 - Battling for position
2581105100013SharksvsRedWings-L.jpg

3 - Yet another scrum after the whistle
2581105100015SharksvsRedWings-L.jpg

4 - So this is not a "BOB" but is it a POTTOTS? Puck on the tip of the stick?
2581105100021SharksvsRedWings-L.jpg

5 - This looks like a crazy save, but Niemi never touched the puck as it sailed just an inch wide of the post
2581105100026SharksvsRedWings-L.jpg

6 - Can I shave some ice for you sir?
2581105100038SharksvsRedWings-L.jpg

7 - Ah yes, the JUBE!! Oh and BTW, I did get strobed on this shot too.
2581105100035SharksvsRedWings-L.jpg

8 - To quote the old Dean Martin song "ain't that a kick in the ..."
2581105100050SharksvsRedWings-L.jpg

9 - Attention, requesting flyover
2581105100060SharksvsRedWings-L.jpg

10 - More Octopi
2581105100108SharksvsRedWings-L.jpg

2581105100107SharksvsRedWings-L.jpg

Steve -

Great series. Nice to see you got former Badger Brian Rafalski in there too! Hard to believe Wisconsin kept him for four years!

Shot #5 is awesome! Well done as always. I really enjoy viewing your posts.

Great set as always Steve. I tried looking for you shooting during the bradcast to no avail. I have seen another photog Dave R. in other broadcasts, but not you.
Were you at the end of the rink where game ending scrum was? Where Joe (looser) Thornton came in & deliberately whacked Zetterberg in back of leg after game had ended? If so did you get any photos of that cheap shot?
Go Wings!

Steve -

Great series. Nice to see you got former Badger Brian Rafalski in there too! Hard to believe Wisconsin kept him for four years!

Shot #5 is awesome! Well done as always. I really enjoy viewing your posts.

Thanks Pete,
I also rubbed elbows with former Badger Chris Chelios prior to the game too, we were waiting in line for a soda refill with his fellow former Red Wing and current TV announcer "the Mick" Mickey Redmond and Ken Daniels. Standing 10ft away was Mr. Hockey too. This happens every season come the playoffs, so I'm kinda used to it now.

Great set as always Steve. I tried looking for you shooting during the bradcast to no avail. I have seen another photog Dave R. in other broadcasts, but not you.
Were you at the end of the rink where game ending scrum was? Where Joe (looser) Thornton came in & deliberately whacked Zetterberg in back of leg after game had ended? If so did you get any photos of that cheap shot?
Go Wings!

Hey Kevin,
I didn't get a picture of that cheap shot, nor the scrum on the Wings net either, I was on the faceoff circle to the right of the Sharks net. You can spot Dave and others since they're in the corners and I'm not. My wife picked me out on the broadcast since she knew where I'd be, but it was very difficult if you didn't know it, those spots are hard to pick out.

BTW, my 70-200 got a "tertiary" assist on the game winner by Filppula! Bertuzzi shot hard around the glass and it traveled along the dasher, the edge of my lens was just sticking out and got hit, deflected to center ice, the entry pass went to Datsyuk, who passed to Filppula, SCORE! :biggrin: :wink:
I DO NOT recommend that, and I'm not sure how the lens got out that far (about 1/4 to 1/2") since it scared the hell out of me, I thought it hit the glass and would be broken, but it's just fine since you can see in #7 I got the jube shot from that goal.

I hope those guys didn't distract you all game (Chelios, Daniels, Gordie, etc) asking you for autographs and stuff... :wink:

Great set Steve, wicked net action... and I love the way the Wings have battled back. Go Wings in Game Seven!! (Did I really just say that??? I need my head read...)

Thanks Pete,
I also rubbed elbows with former Badger Chris Chelios prior to the game too, we were waiting in line for a soda refill with his fellow former Red Wing and current TV announcer "the Mick" Mickey Redmond and Ken Daniels. Standing 10ft away was Mr. Hockey too. This happens every season come the playoffs, so I'm kinda used to it now.

Great stuff, Steve. Yeah I was a freshman at the UW during Chelios' second year with the Badgers and during their '83 National Championship. I was chemistry lab partners with his wife, Tracee. Ahh...the good 'ole days! :biggrin:

Great stuff, Steve. Yeah I was a freshman at the UW during Chelios' second year with the Badgers and during their '83 National Championship. I was chemistry lab partners with his wife, Tracee. Ahh...the good 'ole days! :biggrin:

Dude, you're almost as old as me!! :smile:

My Sharks better frickin' win tonight.

NOPE! LET'S GO RED WINGS!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!

2581105060003SharksvsRedWings-L.jpg

Well that was an exciting, but disappointing end to the Red Wings season last night. I guess the playoff beard has to be shaved off this morning!!

The last octopus has hit the ice for this season. :sad:
2581105100107SharksvsRedWings-L.jpg

Great pictures Steve :smile: I find that I can't photograph sports to well because I just end up watching the game :tongue:

Whats with the octopus? I don't get it.

Thanks Pete,

Yeah... Ho, hum. There's Gordie... "Hi Gordy!" Before you know it, bingo bango bongo, you pour a few ginger ales, and promise to call each other!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
:eek::eek::eek:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nice shootin' Tex!

Great pictures Steve :smile: I find that I can't photograph sports to well because I just end up watching the game :tongue:

Whats with the octopus? I don't get it.

Scott, we're going to have to catch you up on some hockey history & trivia. Back when there was only the "Original Six" teams, Montreal, Toronto, Detroit, Chicago, Boston, and New York there were only two rounds to win the Stanley Cup. Each round, 4 wins, 8 wins total, 8 arms on an Octopus, and a crafty seafood salesman in Detroit came up with the idea to throw an Octopus on the ice to signify winning the Cup. That's the gist of it.

Oh, and they make a mess when they hit, but are partially cooked so they carry further to get over the glass.

Funny how the girls don't wear gloves to pick up the octopi, but on a pre-game show a few weeks back, Mike Milbury and another guy (forget who) had rubber gloves on picking one up out of a bucket.

Funny how the girls don't wear gloves to pick up the octopi, but on a pre-game show a few weeks back, Mike Milbury and another guy (forget who) had rubber gloves on picking one up out of a bucket.

That is funny isn't it! Mike Milbury is my second LEAST favorite hockey announcer, he follows closely behind "mullet head" who leads the pack by a nose, large ego, and a large lock of greasy hair. Neither could carry Nick Lidstrom's skates as a defender. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom