Red Yucca Bloom

After almost 7" of snow last night, I need something to get me by until spring is ready to arrive. I don't care what the calender says, it's still winter. Anyway, I am missing my vacations in Arizona, which I took faithfully every year for a decade. From my last trip (the first with digital) is this Red Yucca bloom from the Phoenix Botanical Garden. Taken with my now ancient Coolpix 990 (it's still a Nikon!!)
8441397.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Lovely shot Bay. You can even see the tiny spiderweb. Who says you can't get great shots with a P&S?? :D

Regards,

Frank

I don't know who says that, but my 990 does just fine. Prints up to 11x14 very nicely, too, and you can't beat the swivel-bodies for macro and versatility!
Thanks!

Actually, I do miss my Sony 828 (sold to get the D70). It was very easy to handle, especially for close-in shots of my kitties. I may have to break down and get another P&S after I recover from all the $$$$ spent on birdie shooting gear.... :?

Regards,

Frank

C

Canyonlu

Glad you found this, because I still believe the 990 does better macro than any other camera! Super color, too!

Real Name
Chris
Yeah, that shot feels like Arizona! When are you gonna come back? This week and I think next, the weather's perfect! Of course, by the end of April it will be hot, the end of May it will be too hot and end of June it will be way too hot! For the rest of this month though, it's a vernal paradise!

I haven't been to AZ in 4 years, since I bought a house. I really wish I could have made it this year, but the problem is the timing......you never really know when the flowers are going to pop. Living there is better, you don't have to worry about the travel plans. Hope to make it out that way sometime........the list of places to visit is growing........

Latest threads

Top Bottom