Redbull air race Rotterdam

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Dutchwindmill, Jul 16, 2008.

1. This weekend the Redbull air race is in town. Today the training started.Something i didn`t know untill my morning peacefull coffee was brutly interupted by a deafening loud ROAR!
    I now know the cours is at the end of the street where i live.
    _DSC3708.gif

View attachment 222222

View attachment 222223

View attachment 222224

View attachment 222225

i was suprised to see the banks of the river riddeld with kilometers of blackplastic fenches.A real stupid desision of Red Bull to fill the payed tribunes. The place i made my pictures today are closed for public this weekend..One things for sure...Police will be bussy.. verry bussy this weekend.
    Thank God i leave for my vacation this sunday.

2. Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2008
  3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Rob,

I would love to see an air race in person. Nice photographs.

I did come across this the other day and thought I'd share it with you.

Ooops! Mandatory engine overhaul!

Cheers,

4. To bad we cant see this kind of bloopers this year.The airfield is miles from the track.3 years ago it was right next of the river,and we could see the plains taking off,and roar straight over our head.There was plenty of activity on the track today,but it was raining cats and dogs every few minutes.So i stayed home getting things ready for my vacation.

5. A short update:
    3 years ago,the improvised airstrip was right next of the track.So the plaines didnt fly over the city.This year they use the Rotterdam airport north of the city.Cause the plains are put on hold,they circle over the citycentre for days now.Only the people who live in the citycentre are getting fed up with the ROOOOAARS--MMWEUUUS etc.Now the organsation thought it was a good idea to make the southbank a holding area. Euuhhh..i live on the southbank!!I now know what i should have been during the batle of Britain in 1940.They fly so low over my roof that i cant shoot them (with my camera ofcourse)

6. Mike256

Mike256 Guest

That's really cool, I watched these kind of event on tv before, they're fun to watch.
    Thanks for sharing.