Reddish capers (lot's of images)....

One of my favorite species and one that I really wanted to get this trip is the Reddish Egret. They are such clowns and so much fun to watch. These were taken on our 3rd day at Ft Desoto. This was the occasion where I got my drawers wet chasing this little fellow around the shallow lagoon on the north beach.

All shot with the D3 / 400 2.8 + 1.7 TC.

Short hop:
258642481_9ST4L-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hunting:
258641777_jKyEw-O.jpg

Gotcha!!
258642949_NeuoD-O.jpg

Gotcha 2:
258643137_DSAjr-O.jpg

Da flip:
258642905_i4eUy-O.jpg

Contortion:
258642178_vvGi7-O.jpg

Motoring:
258642921_5rPtb-O.jpg

258643109_DPeDm-O.jpg

258642457_6ctwJ-O.jpg

Close-up:
258642999_SZdt5-O.jpg

Several more can be seen here.

Thanks for looking. :smile:

D

DW Brewer

Beautiful series of images. Well worth the wet bloomers, I'd say.

Awesome sequence Frank!! #3 is my favorite especially with the water droplets flying around and the sheet of water being pulled along with the fish. Great series.

Nice work Frank! Did you do much cropping on these? We seem to have a couple year-round RE's at Bolsa Chica now but they haven't learned to cooperate (with me :rolleyes: ) yet.

Thanks everyone for the very kind words. I will reply in more detail when I get home tonight. :smile:

Nice work Frank! Did you do much cropping on these? We seem to have a couple year-round RE's at Bolsa Chica now but they haven't learned to cooperate (with me :rolleyes: ) yet.
Gene,

All of these are cropped to some extent. The average is probably 40 - 50%, but some could be more or less. As a general statement, I've found the D3 files to be very croppable, at least for posting on the web.

Frank, these are some of the most beautiful shots I've seen here at the Cafe. Just outstanding. Mr Red there is a beautiful and entertaining bird, and from what I remember the third day at DeSoto was perfect, too.

I might have to take a drive over the bridge to see how he's doing this weekend. I'll miss you and the gang.

So sharp and crisp, Frank! Wonderful series. Maybe next year you should bring a HD video recorder???
Nick, Nah, who has time to look at videos?? Thanks.

Beautiful series of images. Well worth the wet bloomers, I'd say.
Couldn't agree with you more David. Thanks.

Awesome sequence Frank!! #3 is my favorite especially with the water droplets flying around and the sheet of water being pulled along with the fish. Great series.
Thanks Shekhar. No doubt that these guys put on a great show.

Superb set Frank. The detail in these shots is terrific. I don't think I even saw that many Reddish Egret this year for some reason.

Louie
Well Louie, all I can say is Deeee-threee. :biggrin:

Thanks.

Like these a lot. I was happy to get red egrets. After seeing yours I want to go back to deSoto and get some good action shots.
I'm ready right now Allan. :rolleyes:

Well done Frankey. Nice series of Reds. Attractive birds and too bad I don't have any in the backyard. It's a long bicycle ride up to DeSoto. *-)
Come on Mike, be a man. I mean, heck, it's only 100 miles or so. :eek:

Thanks pal.

Absolutely beautiful Fleweyyyyyyyyyyy

Boy I sure missed being there......
Thank you Galeeee. Next year, you need to be there. :wink:

wow Frank, these are superb
I gotta get a 400 before Alabama
Thanks Randy. Another 400 2.8 convert?!?? Good choice. :smile:

frank
every series of images from you is OUTSTANDING
these are no exception.... just incredible
Thanks again Greg.

Frank, these are some of the most beautiful shots I've seen here at the Cafe. Just outstanding. Mr Red there is a beautiful and entertaining bird, and from what I remember the third day at DeSoto was perfect, too.

I might have to take a drive over the bridge to see how he's doing this weekend. I'll miss you and the gang.
Thanks Pia. You make me blush. More, please. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
These are really excellent Frank, best Reddish I have seen! A very important thing here I think is that you managed to squeeze the trigger in just the right moment to get the best shots possible + shutter speed matters!

Now If we could only get to shoot the White Morph one day!!!

These are really excellent Frank, best Reddish I have seen! A very important thing here I think is that you managed to squeeze the trigger in just the right moment to get the best shots possible + shutter speed matters!

Now If we could only get to shoot the White Morph one day!!!
Thanks Andreas. I know that you know exactly how spasmodic the movements that these guys exhibit, and how hard it is to get in-focus shots when they start to perform their hunting dance. My secret is to take lots of shots when they start their performance, hoping to get some that are decent. :rolleyes:

As to the white morph, I'm ready whenever it decides to show up. :smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom