Reddish Egret at Ft. DeSoto

Discussion in 'Birds' started by DW Brewer, Mar 6, 2011.

1. DW Brewer

DW Brewer Guest

I recently posted images of the White Morph Reddish Egret at Ft. DeSoto. Here are some images of the "regular" Reddish Egret at Ft. D.

2. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Good captures of one of my favorite subjects.

3. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    Great action shots in beautiful light.

4. Good captures showing hunting behavior. Baxter, I know this was late afternoon light.

5. sla12

sla12

Jul 2, 2009
    Nashua, NH
    Well done! Great light.

6. DW Brewer

DW Brewer Guest

Allan: You should recognize this light and this bird: you were about thirty feet to my right as I made these images. Kris was an equal distance to my left.
    Thanks for the commentary all; y'all should have been there to experience the performance this bird put on.

7. Excellent series David, Wonderful light and who can resist such a nice subject!

8. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Dave, wonderful shots! It's good to see Mr. Reddish still kicking around after all this time. I wonder if this is the same one who's been at Ft. Desoto for years? I hope so.

(Funny how he looks so graceful in your shots, but I know he really looks like a goofball running around in the shallow water with his head down and his wings up.)

Sorry I missed you while you were down last week!

9. DW Brewer

DW Brewer Guest

Pia:
    Sorry I missed you. Allan,my buddy, and I had a glorious time with the Reddish. He performed every day, and was joined the last day we were there by another Reddish. The real news from Ft. D, however, was the afternoon the White Morph appeared at Area 5. We imaged him for close to 45 minutes, At times he was so close all we got were head shots. Check my white morph post. Keep a close eye for this bird; he is super friendly.
    PS: we never did see any of your masked bandits.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.