Reddish Egret, Morphed White & Juvenile

These were quite a surprise for me when I found these Reddish Egrets, they were very territorial and would chase each other continuously. I was told that Reddish Egrets and specially the Morphed White Reddish Egret are somewhat rare even for Florida.

DSC00799 72wf.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC01072-2 72wf.jpg

DSC01050-2 72wf.jpg

DSC01027 72wf.jpg

DSC01710 72wf.jpg

DSC01895 72wf.jpg

Louie

Last edited:
Real Name
Dan
Quite a nice set, Louie. I really like nos 1, 4, and 6, for the lighting, detail, and subject isolation against clean BG. I've never even seen one of those guys. Congrats on the captures.

Nice ones. Reddish Egrets are common in that you see one or two every day at certain areas of Merritt Island, Matanzas Inlet near St. Augustine, or around Fort DeSoto. The white morph version is not too common, you might see one out of every 10 trips or so to these places.

Quite a nice set, Louie. I really like nos 1, 4, and 6, for the lighting, detail, and subject isolation against clean BG. I've never even seen one of those guys. Congrats on the captures.

Nice ones. Reddish Egrets are common in that you see one or two every day at certain areas of Merritt Island, Matanzas Inlet near St. Augustine, or around Fort DeSoto. The white morph version is not too common, you might see one out of every 10 trips or so to these places.
Thanks both Dan and Bobby, I appreciate your comments very much. I was a real joy to shoot these birds totally different from what we get up here in the PNW.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom