reddish same as Ben and helmet

Discussion in 'Birds' started by JWEAR, Nov 9, 2005.

1. JWEAR

JWEAR

Jun 26, 2005
    LA
  2. cool dance and great shot Jeff!
    Dave

3. bfjr

bfjr Guest

good capture, great catch
    and you can see the color in his head!

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Reddish the disco dancer. lol The snoweys dance around also. But the reddish is a wilder dancer that even the snowey. Quite comical to watch.

Really good shot .

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice capture Jeff. What was your shooting set-up (cam / lens / settings / etc.)?

6. Great shot, Jeff. They're supposed to be quite rare. I shot one here but didn't know what it was until Harry mentioned it. Kinda cool.

7. This guy is a spaz for sure!

Nice shot :)

8. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    I wasn't sure from the earlier shot but from this guy's action I would say he's definitely a reddish egret.

9. bfjr

bfjr Guest

He's shootin pretty much the same as me
    300F4 + TC1.4 on a D70(soon to be upgraded :wink: )
    I keep telling him to post his settings ??
    On his behalf he's on dial up and takes quite awhile for him to post/view.

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Ben. Dial-up can make it tough for sure. :frown:

11. JWEAR

JWEAR

Jun 26, 2005
    LA
    thanks Dave this was something I saw him fishing and flipping all over took me over a week to be sure of the id ,thanks agian for the kind words

12. JWEAR

JWEAR

Jun 26, 2005
    LA
    the dancer egret can not hold a tap shoe to the reddish for speed and humor and he gets fish :Shocked: once you have seen one there is nothing like him ,your comment shows you have seen the dance ,this hobby does have some great moments

13. JWEAR

JWEAR

Jun 26, 2005
    LA
    thanks flew --Ben and I shoot a lot together and i see he has given you the info d70 --musket man as Ben says? not easy shooting with machine gun kelly :biggrin: lots of help from Harry and a class with Ron and in the last year I have learned alot

14. JWEAR

JWEAR

Jun 26, 2005
    LA
    thanks for the nice comment Kevin this is the only one I have found in the la area ---maybe up from san diego :confused: Harry is very good with the id thing but blues and reddish are hard to pick until the color shows or you see the size and the dance :Mysteriou they are very cool to shoot if you get close

15. JWEAR

JWEAR

Jun 26, 2005
    LA
    brett same bird you shot only one at bolsa and he was in hiding until just lately

16. JWEAR

JWEAR

Jun 26, 2005
    LA
    I can see from his shot very hard to tell and this one only has a little color ---maybe young I sure do not know this is the only one i have ever seen but the fishing was the give away after i did some reading:biggrin: welcome back

17. JWEAR

JWEAR

Jun 26, 2005
    LA
    thank you buddy --with a little help from your friends and you know i do not look at setting s :biggrin:

18. genera

genera

Oct 6, 2005
    California
    Jeff,

You got a celebrity photo! This bird was mentioned on local TV today (KCET - "Life&Times").

They were reporting on the ongoing restoration of the Bolsa Chica wetlands to the condition it was in 116 years ago. The woman being interviewed mentioned that hundreds of species have been sighted at the wetlands and that there had even been recent sightings of a reddish egret. It has to be this one.

-Gene A
    Laguna Niguel, CA

19. JWEAR

JWEAR

Jun 26, 2005
    LA
    thank you very much for this ,I logged on and read the tv spot and yes there is only one and this is it .every wildlife photografer should do all they can to support the Bolsa area it is a great place and with the new construction I hope it backs to normal soon .Genera thanks again for sharing this with me .This new hobby not only takes up most all my free time but I can no longer afford cable tv :biggrin: