Redfish Lake Idaho and surrounding area

Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
21,611
Location
Idaho
Just finished up another great week at Redfish Lake in central Idaho. We did a couple of drives and hikes to some of the surrounding areas. Here are the highlights.

Hopefully you can see from the pictures why we have returned 21 out of the last 23 summers.

47838969.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


View attachment 14076

View of the lake from our favorite beach

View attachment 14077

View attachment 14078

Fishook Creek Inlet

View attachment 14079

Stanley Lake

View attachment 14080

Fishing on Stanley Lake--this is the favorite picture of lots of my family members who were on the vacation.

View attachment 14081

Sawtooth wilderness meadow

View attachment 14082

Hike to the meadow

View attachment 14083

Beware--if you ever want to go to Redfish Lake--it is cold. We had frost on the ground every morning and the lake water is cold.
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
978
Location
Viera Fl
the clarity is amazing.

No haze.. hummmm

So hot here all I see is haze.

Very beautiful images.
 
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
21,611
Location
Idaho
Gale said:
the clarity is amazing.

No haze.. hummmm

So hot here all I see is haze.

Very beautiful images.

Don't want to mislead you, Gale. It did get hazy there every afternoon. I had to do a little post processing on a couple to try and reduce the haze a bit. But, the air is very clear here, for the most part.

Thank you for your compliment.
 
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
21,611
Location
Idaho
greyflash said:
How fun to share in your vacation. That is a beautiful place and your photographs show it to its best advantage. Nice to see good clean water with no algae.

The water is too cold for algae to grow. The fish are also very small. Just too cold for much to thrive in it. Don't know how my husband and kids can stay in it for so long!!! I just freeze watching them.
 
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
21,611
Location
Idaho
Vinod Menon said:
Beautiful shots...'Fishing on Stanley lake' is fantastic!

Vinod, Thank you so much for looking at my pictures. A compliment from you is very much appreciated as I have admired your pictures so much. I noticed in your Yellowstone album that you have some pictures labeled "bear tooth". Did you travel over the Bear Tooth Pass? Is it open? I heard it is closed for repairs. My husband and I want to make a motorcycle trip over the pass if it is open.
 
D

dbirdsong

Guest
I have to say is this shot is a winner

47762436.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


I wish I had taken it....

Dave
 
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
300
Location
Illinois, USA
Terri French said:
Vinod, Thank you so much for looking at my pictures. A compliment from you is very much appreciated as I have admired your pictures so much. I noticed in your Yellowstone album that you have some pictures labeled "bear tooth". Did you travel over the Bear Tooth Pass? Is it open? I heard it is closed for repairs. My husband and I want to make a motorcycle trip over the pass if it is open.

Terri,
There is a 29 mile stretch of the Beartooth Highway that is still open. We just drove that stretch back and forth...They have up to date information on the highway here http://www.redlodge.com/bthighway/ . I think it is definitely worth it.
 
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
21,611
Location
Idaho
Vinod Menon said:
Terri French said:
Vinod, Thank you so much for looking at my pictures. A compliment from you is very much appreciated as I have admired your pictures so much. I noticed in your Yellowstone album that you have some pictures labeled "bear tooth". Did you travel over the Bear Tooth Pass? Is it open? I heard it is closed for repairs. My husband and I want to make a motorcycle trip over the pass if it is open.

Terri,
There is a 29 mile stretch of the Beartooth Highway that is still open. We just drove that stretch back and forth...They have up to date information on the highway here http://www.redlodge.com/bthighway/ . I think it is definitely worth it.

The information is very helpful. Thank you so much. My husband took two of my daughters over the pass 5 years ago. I had just started a new job and couldn't go. I saw their home videos of the ride and have wanted to go ever since. Maybe we'll be able to do it in September.
 
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
24,243
Location
SW Virginia
It's a gorgeous spot and obviously you had some wonderful weather. Your pictures capture it perfectly!

Would you mind revealing which lenses you used?

(Tell the flyfisherman to keep his backcast higher. Loved the picture, however!)
 
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
21,611
Location
Idaho
Pa said:
It's a gorgeous spot and obviously you had some wonderful weather. Your pictures capture it perfectly!

Would you mind revealing which lenses you used?

(Tell the flyfisherman to keep his backcast higher. Loved the picture, however!)

Hi Pa,
I'm not a fisherman so I wouldn't know anything about the backcast. As far as lenses, all were shot with the 18-70mm except for the fisherman shot which was taken with the 70-200 VR.

Thanks for your comments. We did have wonderful weather--and it is gorgeous.
 
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
17,640
Location
Chicago, IL
Terri....WOW....Terri!!! You live in heaven on earth. Each image is remarkable. Clarity, composition, color...perfect captures.
 
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom