Redfish Lake Idaho and surrounding area

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Terri French, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Just finished up another great week at Redfish Lake in central Idaho. We did a couple of drives and hikes to some of the surrounding areas. Here are the highlights.

Hopefully you can see from the pictures why we have returned 21 out of the last 23 summers.

View attachment 14076

View of the lake from our favorite beach

View attachment 14077

View attachment 14078

Fishook Creek Inlet

View attachment 14079

Stanley Lake

View attachment 14080

Fishing on Stanley Lake--this is the favorite picture of lots of my family members who were on the vacation.

View attachment 14081

Sawtooth wilderness meadow

View attachment 14082

Hike to the meadow

View attachment 14083

Beware--if you ever want to go to Redfish Lake--it is cold. We had frost on the ground every morning and the lake water is cold.

2. Gorgeous photos Terri. It sure is a beautiful location. Is the weather usually like this in August?

3. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    This is very typical weather. It feels great on the beach when the temperature is in the 70's.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    the clarity is amazing.

No haze.. hummmm

So hot here all I see is haze.

Very beautiful images.

5. How fun to share in your vacation. That is a beautiful place and your photographs show it to its best advantage. Nice to see good clean water with no algae.

6. What beautiful country they look great but I agree with your family the shot of the fly fisherman is fantastic

7. Beautiful shots...'Fishing on Stanley lake' is fantastic!

8. Very nice Terri.

I really like the one of the fly fisherman in the boat.

9. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Don't want to mislead you, Gale. It did get hazy there every afternoon. I had to do a little post processing on a couple to try and reduce the haze a bit. But, the air is very clear here, for the most part.

Thank you for your compliment.

10. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    The water is too cold for algae to grow. The fish are also very small. Just too cold for much to thrive in it. Don't know how my husband and kids can stay in it for so long!!! I just freeze watching them.

11. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks Mike. Glad you like the fisherman shot. It was a fun one to do.

12. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Vinod, Thank you so much for looking at my pictures. A compliment from you is very much appreciated as I have admired your pictures so much. I noticed in your Yellowstone album that you have some pictures labeled "bear tooth". Did you travel over the Bear Tooth Pass? Is it open? I heard it is closed for repairs. My husband and I want to make a motorcycle trip over the pass if it is open.

13. Very nice Terri, what a beautiful place to be.

14. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Ray,
    So glad you liked the fisherman photo. It seems to be the favorite of most people who look at the gallery. Thank you.

Terri

15. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I have to say is this shot is a winner

I wish I had taken it....

Dave

16. Terri,
    There is a 29 mile stretch of the Beartooth Highway that is still open. We just drove that stretch back and forth...They have up to date information on the highway here http://www.redlodge.com/bthighway/ . I think it is definitely worth it.

17. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    The information is very helpful. Thank you so much. My husband took two of my daughters over the pass 5 years ago. I had just started a new job and couldn't go. I saw their home videos of the ride and have wanted to go ever since. Maybe we'll be able to do it in September.

18. It's a gorgeous spot and obviously you had some wonderful weather. Your pictures capture it perfectly!

Would you mind revealing which lenses you used?

(Tell the flyfisherman to keep his backcast higher. Loved the picture, however!)

19. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Hi Pa,
    I'm not a fisherman so I wouldn't know anything about the backcast. As far as lenses, all were shot with the 18-70mm except for the fisherman shot which was taken with the 70-200 VR.

Thanks for your comments. We did have wonderful weather--and it is gorgeous.

20. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Terri....WOW....Terri!!! You live in heaven on earth. Each image is remarkable. Clarity, composition, color...perfect captures.