Redfish Lake Vacation

We just got back from a wonderful vacation to my favorite place.

Redfish Lake in central Idaho

47762427.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I am post processing almost 400 pictures, mostly of my family. Here are a couple of my favorite people shots that I have post processed so far.

My grandson getting a bath in the trailer sink.

View attachment 13876

My daughter and her fiance.

View attachment 13877

My nephew being adored by his cousins

View attachment 13878

My daughter and family.

View attachment 13879

I would love comments and suggestions.

All lovely shots, Terri. The last shot is just wonderful...They could use that as a Christmas card!

What a wonderful place and you are blessed with a great looking family. That you had a great time just pops out of the photos - I am still smiling!

On the critical side, since you asked, I am afraid that your composition is just right and your timing is perfect, catching the "moment". Do better next time!

Lots of great pictures there. Second one captures a great expression, what a cute baby. Last one is definitely frame-worthy.

Red Fish Lake is a pretty place Terri. Loved the pictures of your beautiful family, especially the little guy in the sink. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us.

Leigh said:
All lovely shots, Terri. The last shot is just wonderful...They could use that as a Christmas card!

They plan on using it as a card. They were happy with it. I wished that I had opened up the aperture a bit more so the background would have been more blurred, but they liked it the way it was.

Thanks for looking and commenting.

S

saturnine

Really wonderful pictures, Terri! The one of your grandson in the sink is a keeper (i.e. blackmail for when he gets older, bahahaha. It's too cute!)

hillrg said:
What a wonderful place and you are blessed with a great looking family. That you had a great time just pops out of the photos - I am still smiling!

On the critical side, since you asked, I am afraid that your composition is just right and your timing is perfect, catching the "moment". Do better next time!

Well Rory, your compliments are so generous. But, then all I have to do is look at my "duds" and I come back to reality. Thanks for your kind words. It was a fun trip, and I'm glad my pictures portray that.

Doug Barber said:
These are some of the best images i've see in a while.... The sink one is just GREAT.
Well done

Glad you liked the picture, Doug. In the past, I have been too timid to take "people" pictures. I'm getting braver and having fun doing it.

JeffKohn said:
Lots of great pictures there. Second one captures a great expression, what a cute baby. Last one is definitely frame-worthy.

Glad you enjoyed them, Jeff. The last one is one they want to frame. I took about 20 shots of them, and it was their favorite. It made me happy to do a picture for them that they like.

greyflash said:
Red Fish Lake is a pretty place Terri. Loved the pictures of your beautiful family, especially the little guy in the sink. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us.

Have you been to Redfish, Gordon? I know there is a Redfish in Utah, but this one is in Idaho. We have spent a week there 21 out of the last 23 years. It is a favorite family place. Thanks for commenting on my pictures. I've got to catch up on everyone else's pictures here at the cafe as soon as I get my laundry done. :D

saturnine said:
Really wonderful pictures, Terri! The one of your grandson in the sink is a keeper (i.e. blackmail for when he gets older, bahahaha. It's too cute!)

Thank you Grace. I haven't met you before this post. Thank you for looking at my pictures and I hope to see some of yours soon (I just have to catch up on the laundry first.) :D

My grandson getting a bath in the trailer sink.

47762415.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I love the baby shot, it is splendid. I might have missed it, but what lens did you use? Great work.

Chad Gladstone said:
I love the baby shot, it is splendid. I might have missed it, but what lens did you use? Great work.

Glad you like the picture, Chad. It was taken with the 18-70 kit lens at 31 mm 1/125 f4.5. The sb800 was bounced with the white card out.

Thanks for your comments. I haven't been able to browse here much. Bet you have some new photos posted I would love to see. I better get looking!!!

Great series; the "child in the sink" shot brings back great memories of my son at that age (he doesn't quite fit in the sink now!!). Stuff like this make ya want to get a good digital projector and have a good old-fashioned slide show:)

Latest threads

Top Bottom