Redtailed closeup

I kid you not, I was driving up to a mudflat that is part of the Big Island Wildlife Area to get some pics of some shore birds.

It has already been a strange day: https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=239969.:biggrin:

I Get five yards from the drive and come face to face with a Red Tailed Hawk, chowing down on a mouse. I thought to myself "It is never gonna let me get close enough, it's going to take off as soon as I pull in..."

Camera with Tami in my lap, I coasted into the drive and shut off the car. I propped my camera upon the side view mirror and clicked away. Ten minutes later it FINALLY had enough and took off..I missed the BIF...I was changing my card.:eek:

Straight on behind the back:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Look Left:

Look Right:

Gotta love it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job Steve. Isn't it great when chances like this present themselves to us?! Many times, my best shots ever, were not planned for, I just happened along or they came by. Goes to show, ALWAYS be ready...

Thanks everyone.

Beautiful! Saw the eguana too - WOW! You did have a strange day! Goes to show ya never know what ya gonna get when you go out hunting for photo ops!
Thanks Dianne, I gave the DNR guy that I know pics of the Iguana, He said that they'll try to rescue it.

Nice job Steve. Isn't it great when chances like this present themselves to us?! Many times, my best shots ever, were not planned for, I just happened along or they came by. Goes to show, ALWAYS be ready...
True dat, the only thing that I need to do is take my macro with me as well, I missed some pretty flowers today...oh well.:smile:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom