Redux et al ...

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by W.Ray, Jul 10, 2007.

1. I haven't really been happy with the tones I've been getting on my images so I've been revisiting some pics and redoing them and attempting to get a little more "bite" so to speak. Here's one ...

[​IMG]

F100 and 85mm lens

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Oh yeah, I see what you are after here! Her cheeks seem to glow a bit, and the brightness of her hat and clothing add to the isolation between your subject and her background. And, although her eyes are dark, we can just make out the details of them.

Good stuff!

3. Looks great to me. Keep meaning to try that chromagenic stuff. Assuming this is that.

You seem to get exceptional detail and sharpness.

4. Yeah, the wide tonal range I normally go after has been buggin' me for a while! Not enough umph, if you know what I mean. The darkish eyes, well those darn glasses that darken in the light! But then again, look at my avatar and I wear them too! And thanks!

Thanks Ed! Well I'm still see-sawing about whether to get into wet film again. As a matter of fact, I just scored about 50 rolls of Fuji Superia 400 for a buck a roll and with $2.50 developing makes economic sense for a retired guy on a fixed income. So it looks like I'll be shooting a lot of color but will most likely convert to B&W most of the time.

5. Lately, your scans always struck me as having a great tonality and richness.