Redwing Blackbird

I went out looking for Egrets, and wound up with a Redwing Blackbird. This guy kept following me. I shot it with my 80-400 VR and 1.4 TC and D100 hand held. Comments welcome as always.

--Ed--

29564229-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nice one Ed.

they are litle devils to shoot for sure.

What kind of TC 1.4 do you use on that 80-400..
My manual say no no. At least a nikon brand.

Says I can use a 2.0 manual nikon. Forgot the model number at the moment.

Teleconverter

Gale said:
Nice one Ed.

they are litle devils to shoot for sure.

What kind of TC 1.4 do you use on that 80-400..
My manual say no no. At least a nikon brand.

Says I can use a 2.0 manual nikon. Forgot the model number at the moment.

Hi Gale,
The Nikon ones don't work. Use the KenkoPro 300 1.4 TC. It works great in bright sunlight. I have been using one, ever since I I bought the 80-400 .
Thanks for the nice words.

Too fast

Backdoctor said:
Hey Ed! Good to see ya. Nice shot! I have yet to get a decent shot of one of them. They move too fast for me.

Hi Harris,
I must have been near a nest ot something. This guy kept trying to attract me. He kept moving just far enough to draw me away. Thanks for the comments.
:D

Thank You ED,

Just what I need. Usually quite bright in Florida :>)))))

Those birds are pretty clever. Moving you away from the nest. Some play hurt.

Nice shot Ed. You surely must have been near the nest. These guys just run when I've tried to get close.

Fence post

Kevin Scott said:
Looks like he's plopped his caboose on the fence post! Great shot! Nice and clear and very nice colors on this one!

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your comments. I think it is just the angle of the shot. He was was up along the sand dune. :)

Flew said:
Nice shot Ed. You surely must have been near the nest. These guys just run when I've tried to get close.

Hi Frank,

It was obvious that it was trying to get my attention. It was along the sand dune at the Cape May state park. Thanks for your comments. :)

Cape May

mike mac said:
Nice capture these sure are hard to get the exposure right on, so how are the birds down at Cape May this time of year

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your comments. It has been hot, and there are not a lot of birds around, although we are almost at the beginning of fall migration. I am planning on jumping over to Maryland tomorrow to go shooting wild ponies at Assateague Island. A litttle change of pace lol. :D

Sketer Repellent

mike mac said:
I am sure you will have fun at Assateauge, it is very cool place bring lots of skitter repellent

Hi Mike,

Been there and done that. We used to camp at Frontierland, when we pulled a trailer.

Janet sent me an email this AM saying that there was a rare Brown Headed Nuthach spotted at Cape May Point. I went there this morning, but no luck.

Have a great day. :)

Gordon Large said hew was down cape may this past week and the birds were few and far between. My problem is I wouldn't know the nuthatch if I saw it :wink:

Nuthatch

mike mac said:
Gordon Large said hew was down cape may this past week and the birds were few and far between. My problem is I wouldn't know the nuthatch if I saw it :wink:

Hi Mike,
You need a Sibley's or a Petersen book on birds. The Brown Headed Nuthatch looks like a regular Nuthatch except it has a brown head lol :D

Have you been to Bombay Hook lately?

Latest threads

Top Bottom