1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Reefs by Jay Luto

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JerseyJay, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Just like Gregory (gho), I also share they same interest - aquatic photography. I have been keeping fish / plants for past 15 years and combining photography with aquatic hobby was a dream come true. Here are few pictures I took at friend's gallery in Houston.

coral1.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

coral2.jpg

coral3.jpg

coral4.jpg

coral5.jpg

coral6.jpg

coral7.jpg

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Those look great Jay. I assume you kept the white balance cool for an aquatic mood.

3. Thanks Chris.

Yes. I really like that "reefish" look when I photograph salt water tanks. When photographing freshwater, I tweak WB.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very, very nice Jay. What was your set-up (cam / lens / etc.)?

Frank

5. Frank,
    In this perticular shots, I used D70 and 105 f/2.8. I usually get creative with multiple flashes used wirelessly, special phototank, tripods etc. But this had to be quick so I basically put the hood on the lens, and placed the hood on the glass.

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Looks like a very fun hobby. That 3rd picture looks like cotton candy! All very nice shots...very calming.

7. Ahhhhhhhh, very nicely done Jay!!! :D  :D  :D 

8. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Jay, that acan is awsome, I love how you got such nice seperation from the background.

Your interest in aquatic photography definately shows. I wish my shots looked as nice as these!

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice colors. Great pics.

GHO your are great also. :>))

10. Thanks all.

Gregory,
    Stop man. Your photographs are excellent !

11. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Doh! Now I see my blunder. Thanks Jay and Gale. Hey, at least I've got a little loyal following ;) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.