Reflecting on a day...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

it appears as if the bride is wrapped in a blanket of fog. While the "fog" really creates a fantastic mood, i think the bride is too dark and shadowy. I think if she was brightened up a bit (not a bunch, but some) from her elbows to the head, it would be better. the ruffles in her gown are gorgeous...i would leave them in the shadows like you have it.

You definitely chose a really good point of view for the shot....really good job with that and the overall effect you were after is superb. Just a little too dark on the model is about it. Just my opinion....a non wedding shooting dude who doesn't know much about anything (smile)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I tried to bring her out more, but it seemed to loose to much detail. Might try a different way...

Try to mask out the bride so it's not affected much by the change in exposure if any.
Good point of view though.

You've got even, beautiful foggy light here, Micah. I would leave the picture almost as is out of camera.

This pictures could have worked great with a beam of light on her face, and a dark background, or as a silhouette, but the lighting you had wouldn't have lent itself to that.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom