Reflection of a Columbine

I revisited an image of a wild columbine that I shot in 2010. Basic processing was done in lightroom (ie - exposure, sharpening, etc), then transferred to CS5 to apply Nik Filters (Brilliance/Warmth; Darken/Lighten Center). Finally, I applied Flaming Pear's "Flood" plug-in to create the reflection, added a bit of Gaussian Blur into the background and finished up again in Lightroom (final crop and a bit of vignetting).

i-fSHWZHB-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Any thoughts on improvement would be greatly appreciated!

Bert...I really love this.......great image.

Only suggestion for me would be to reduce the opacity of the flower reflection if you have done it on a seperate layer....just an idea though.

Best wishes
Ray

Only suggestion for me would be to reduce the opacity of the flower reflection if you have done it on a seperate layer....just an idea though.

Best wishes
Ray

Good idea, Ray. Thanks! :smile:

Better?

Best wishes
Ray

Ray,

I didn't save the layers with this image, so I tried to get the effect you described using the Graduated Filter in Lightroom 4:

i-rHgLk7d-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Is this better?

Hi Bert....very subtle but I do think it works...somehow not drawn to the reflection as much as before.

I really like this and think you have done a great job.......

Just one more suggestion....frame it and hang it on the wall!!!

Best wishes

Ray

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom