1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Reflection, Refraction & DoF

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by NikonConvert, Jul 26, 2007.

1. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    Nikon F100 / 50mm F:1.4 / T-Max 100 / Epson V700

My First NEW photo in a while =)

This was taken along Singel street (Amsterdam), on my walk home from work on Friday. I was trying out the Kodak T-Max 100 for the first time (next will be Ilford HP5 plus). I liked this scene for all the different subtle reflections (especially the almost motion blur like reflection in the side window). With the DoF pushed to the limit I managed to isolate the parts I wanted. Others from the roll came out ok but this was my favorite.

898529646_cf9e2861af.

Full Size

2. cellison

cellison

Mar 18, 2006
    Canada
    That's gorgeous. Framing is spot on, tonal range is superb.

Is it always raining in Amsterdam? ;) 

Chris

3. Exellent Shot. Great framing. Good use of tone. I like the canal background.
    Better still you're still using film!

4. agree! very kool photo, reflected details, DOF, just right.

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yeah, nice picture and cute car. It's good to see you getting back into shooting film! :BigGrin:

6. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    Thanks very much guys =). Am reaaaally enjoying B&W film! but got the 85mm f:1.4 today and had to test it on digital to get the instant results (sorry =). I took a couple images around Schipol and central Amsterdam and damn is this lens amazing! Really picky with focusing but great when it works =)

It wasn't raining at this point... I think, although we have had a lot lately... including today. I know it's not film but here is a couple of my test shots with the lens...

910063380_36c8540a9a_b.

910042892_d386adb99f_b.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.