Reflections and a turtle

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Gordon Large, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Turtles sitting on logs usually don't do a thing for me, but I thought this guy had potential because of the bright colors on his head (What is he?) and the reflections in the water. D2x and 200-400/2.8 VR at 400mm plus TC-17. The result was even better than I thought it would be.

Thanks for looking -
    Gordon

2. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Hey Gordon, you're correct in that they don't offer much to look at but your angles in this case make the picture more than just a static shot. The motion in the reflection works for me as well.

Nice shot.

3. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    red eared slider

4. I like this image and the reflections in the water. I do feel that the EV could be brought up just a little and improve it even more. Good job of seeing the potential in this shot Gordon.

5. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Thanks Greg. It's kind of fun when at first glance a scene or subject looks boring and then you look at it differently and suddenly it's an interesting image. It shows that it is the photographer that really creates good images and not equipment.

Gordon

6. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Thanks Twig. I'm glad we have someone in the Cafe for turtle ID's! :)

Gordon

7. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Thanks Gordon, for both the nice comments about the image but also for the constructive suggestion for improvement. I wish more folks here would follow your lead. If done right (which you do), nobody is going to have their feelings hurt and we all get a chance to learn. BTW, I played with several EV's here and decided that a bit dark made for more drama, but in the end I think you are right.

Gordon