Reflections and a turtle

G

Gordon Large

Turtles sitting on logs usually don't do a thing for me, but I thought this guy had potential because of the bright colors on his head (What is he?) and the reflections in the water. D2x and 200-400/2.8 VR at 400mm plus TC-17. The result was even better than I thought it would be.

Thanks for looking -
Gordon

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hey Gordon, you're correct in that they don't offer much to look at but your angles in this case make the picture more than just a static shot. The motion in the reflection works for me as well.

Nice shot.

G

Gordon Large

Greg said:
Hey Gordon, you're correct in that they don't offer much to look at but your angles in this case make the picture more than just a static shot. The motion in the reflection works for me as well.

Nice shot.
Thanks Greg. It's kind of fun when at first glance a scene or subject looks boring and then you look at it differently and suddenly it's an interesting image. It shows that it is the photographer that really creates good images and not equipment.

Gordon

G

Gordon Large

greyflash said:
I like this image and the reflections in the water. I do feel that the EV could be brought up just a little and improve it even more. Good job of seeing the potential in this shot Gordon.
Thanks Gordon, for both the nice comments about the image but also for the constructive suggestion for improvement. I wish more folks here would follow your lead. If done right (which you do), nobody is going to have their feelings hurt and we all get a chance to learn. BTW, I played with several EV's here and decided that a bit dark made for more drama, but in the end I think you are right.

Gordon

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom