Reflections

Discussion in 'Birds' started by james thiel, Oct 15, 2005.

1. I really needed to get out of the house today so after the weather cleared a little I headed to where else but Juanita.
    U
    I did not even see another photographer today. The wood ducks were really coming in close and there was a heron which was too close for me as I did not bring a smaller lens with me. An eagle flew over but the clouds had come back in and I underexposed to shot. Darn, I still am waiting to get a flight shot up close I am happy with.

original.

View attachment 16884

View attachment 16885

I was watching this Kingfisher when all of a sudden a cormorant came and chased him off his perch. I was lucky enough to catch the Kingfisher taking off.

View attachment 16886

I am only posting this one of the heron because I liked the reflection. This guy got too close to me so I could not get him in the frame.

View attachment 16887

2. Really nice series Jim! love the one of the two wood ducks

3. Very nice...Wood ducks are one of my favorites

4. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Wood ducks are so cool looking and with your shots outstanding looking.
    what lucky timing on the kingfisher shot !!!
    well done

5. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    James those are marvelous shots, every one of them.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent series Jim. Looks like you had a great day. I like them all, but the wood ducks are great, and the cormorant and kingfisher shot is a real winner. :smile:

7. Very nice and colorful series!

8. Thanks Andreas, I was lucky to get the pair as they did not stay together long out in the open.

Have a great trip and I hope to see a lot of pictures soon :smile: :smile:

9. Thanks Mike, the wood ducks are right up on the top of my list also. I have never seen them come in so close as they are this year.

10. Thanks Ben. I was surprised to look up and see the cormorant on the perch. I was so busy watching the kingfisher that when it took off I did not even realize it was due to the cormorant landing.

11. Thanks Harry. Since we do not get your selection of birds here in the PNW, I feel lucky to have these.

12. Thanks so much Frank and Jim. It is always a good day when I can get out from behind a desk and go shooting, even when the weather is not so great.

13. Jim great series! #3 is my fav as well as the kingfishter/cormorant. Nicely done, a great day was had!

14. Thanks Keith. Yes, it was a good day for sure.

15. Great wood duck shots. I am hoping to get some next weekend. I have had good birding days lately but bad picture days. Great through Binoculars but only close enoughn for ID shots :frown:
    Got a chuckle out of the kingfisher shot. I imidiatly though of the deorderant commercial with Michael Strayhand were he lifts his arms and nocks a squrril of a branch with his persperation oder :biggrin:
    Nice shot my mind is just a little off center some times thanks for the pictures and the chuckle :biggrin: