'Refurbished D90=$650 USD (Adorama)

Blows my mind how many people treat the D90 like it is junk these days. I've been back and forth on the D7k upgrade bandwagon and have decided that the D90, as far as the lower iso's is just as good IQ wise as a D7k so no need to upgrade. For $650...the D90 is a heck of a camera.

I haven´t noticed that people are treating the D90 like a junk. Most say it is an excellent camera. The D7000 is said to be just little better in many ways.

It is just like what happened to D200. Once it was the best thing since sliced bread, a baby D2X, but it completely fell in the shadow of D300 when it arrived.

Another way to look at this is to compare this price with a new D3100. A refurbished D90 IMHO "wins" hands down against a new D3100....(Or new D5000 for that matter oo)

Blows my mind how many people treat the D90 like it is junk these days. I've been back and forth on the D7k upgrade bandwagon and have decided that the D90, as far as the lower iso's is just as good IQ wise as a D7k so no need to upgrade. For $650...the D90 is a heck of a camera.

I agree Nate. And I'm seeing quite a few technical problems with the D7000, it's a fantastic camera but apparently Nikon is still working out some of the idiosyncrasies like back-focusing, front-focusing and individual lens focus anomalies.

I've been back and forth on the D7k upgrade bandwagon and have decided that the D90, as far as the lower iso's is just as good IQ wise as a D7k so no need to upgrade. For $650...the D90 is a heck of a camera.

I agree completely, the D7k is not worth the $450 difference to me, but I have a limited budget and I'm still collecting glass which is way more important than the sensor (except FX). Now on the other hand if I had all the lenses that I want need, the feature set on the D7k does sound enticing.

Hard to get excited cause this December you could get new D90s for $650. I think it was sub $600 a year ago, but that might have been with Bing cashback.

Shoulda pulled the trigger back then - but I was buying lenses. :)

Another way to look at this is to compare this price with a new D3100. A refurbished D90 IMHO "wins" hands down against a new D3100....(Or new D5000 for that matter oo)

This. I wish I would have paid attention to the D90 refurbs when I bought my D5k. I would really like the AF motor and the better controls now...

Very good value at $650. I don't think I'd pay more for it at this point, though, with clean used samples going for $500-ish. I've bought re-furbed Nikons with good luck, but you're still taking some risk.
I see they also have re-furbed D200 for $800; I don't know they'll have a lot of movement at that price...

Latest threads

Top Bottom