Refurbished MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by Impretza, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Impretza

Impretza

Aug 30, 2006
    San Diego
    Anybody ever buy one? I am pretty much set on a MBP but I don't know if I should buy an new one with edu. discount for $1950 with shipping and tax. Or a refurbished one for $1700 with tax and shipping.

Are the refurbished ones reliable? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. I'm typing this on a refurbished Powerbook. Never regretted the decision to go refurb.

Ronnie

3. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    I've bought other products reburbed before without any issues. Is the warranty the same as new, or is it limited?

4. I have a MBP, an Airport Express and an iPod Shuffle all refurbs, no problems, same warranty and support and you can even buy Applecare extended warranty if you want it.

You mileage may vary, but I think its a pretty good way to save some money.

5. Impretza

Impretza

Aug 30, 2006
    San Diego
    yeah warranty is the same as new. Thanks for the input guys. I think I will try the refurb. I now just have to wait for the mbp i want to get posted.

6. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France

Good luck on that !! Once you do get it though , you might have some nice surprises : I've read feedbacks where people got more RAM or Hard Drive space than described ( and surprisingly never the other way around ) :biggrin:

7. Chris Pierce

Chris Pierce Guest

I bought the 2.33 MBP a few months ago and I absolutely love it!

I installed boot camp, it's the best of both worlds, OSX for editing, and XP for everything else

8. This is good to hear. I will be retiring and will no longer need a pc laptop for work. If I can find a buyer for my Sony Vaio, perhaps I can afford a refurb Mac Book Pro.

9. Impretza

Impretza

Aug 30, 2006
    San Diego
    That extra ram and hd space would be nice!!

10. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Keep your fingers crossed then and who knows ... :tongue:

Either way you can't go wrong and will love it for sure !

11. That's true of my little 12" Powerbook. Advertised as an 80GB hard drive, it came with 100Gb fitted.

Ronnie

12. I have a 60 GB iPod refurb and a friend with an MBP refurb. Absolutely no problems in almost an year. Apple refurbs rock!