Relaxing after a wedding shoot (baseball blog)

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Uncle Frank, Aug 5, 2005.

1. I love being a wedding photographer, but doing an event like that is intense. After an 18 hour day on Sunday (including prep and travel), I spent over 30 hours on Monday thorugh Wednesday editing pictures for the newlyweds' web gallery.

I needed a break on Thursday, so I went to the San Jose Giants' day game against the Lake Elsinore Storm. My first priority was to deliver some prints to the security staff of a shot I took about a month ago.

View attachment 13222

They loved the pic, and rewarded me with hugs, which made my day :).

Then I was free to have some fine barbeque, a beer, and to relax with my 80-200 lens.

View attachment 13223

I can't imagine how pitchers contort their bodies like this. If I ever tried it, I'd be in the hospital.

View attachment 13224
    View attachment 13225

Baseball's a laid back game 95% of the time, but you always have to be ready for action!

View attachment 13226
    View attachment 13227

Minor league teams put on all sorts of events between innings. Here, a young lady put out a hoop and a flag...

View attachment 13228

... and a fan gets to stand on top of the home team dugout and try to chip a golfball into the hoop for a "big" prize.

View attachment 13229

The SJ Giiants won 10-3, and here's a few of those runs crossing the plate.

View attachment 13230

OK, now I'm relaxed and can get back to photo-finishing the rest of those wedding pictures.

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I love baseball almost as much as I love football! Looks like you had a really relaxing day...and I'm sure the hug was a day booster for sure! ;-) BTW, what was the "big" prize for the golf chipping? Free heatstroke? lol Thanks for sharing... I always enjoy seeing what you've done w/your talent.

3. Interesting life you have Frank...

Regarding the security staff ... well, what kind of security do they provide...???

4. Something like a free meal for 2 at Burger King.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nice snaps, Frank. You deserved some R&R after some long hours shooting and processing images from the wedding. I can only imagine how smooth the beer went down on a warm, summer afternoon!

6. I can relate. I'd be honored if you checked out my "Safe, Sore Arm and Happiness" post where the picture of my son pitching makes me wince.

Very nice capture of the atmosphere.

7. Gee Frank you are burning both ends of the candle. Nice images and congratulations on all the work you have of late, couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

8. Thanks, Panos, Frank, Tom and Gordon!

There's nothing like going to a minor league baseball game... particularly in terms of access... and security guards ;).

Tom, I loved your thread about Little League baseball!