1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Remains of Mansion in Infrared

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Ogof Mole, Jul 25, 2008.

1. This is all what is left standing of a grand old Mansion House, The rest of the house was taken apart and sold, but for some reason the grand entrance was left with its mosaic floor which is only just visible. I had to take this one in Infrared.

2701403572_7023c5f132_o.
    NIKON D70    ---    18mm    f/18.0    1/30s   

2. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Neat shot. It gives the ruins a mysterious look.

3. that is a great shot
    very well done

4. kwork

kwork

Jun 8, 2006
    NC
    Outstanding!
    Hard to believe they tore down everything else and left that standing.

5. Pretty cool shot. Thanks for sharing.

6. Howdy,

Neat shot of a great old building.

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Perfectly surreal!

8. Thanks for all of your comments, glad that you all liked it as much as me.

9. Thaddeus

Thaddeus

Jul 24, 2008
    TX
    nice composition and color contrasts :) 

10. To take an Infrared image, is it a filter or a setting or what? or do you just edit it?

11. Hi, to take Infrared images, you need to use either a Infrared filter on the front of your normal camera lens or use a dedicated Infrared camera.

12. 151proof

151proof

Jun 6, 2008
    SD
    Amazing shot!

13. do you know where i would go about finding said filter? just a camera store or some place fancier? lol

14. If you visit your local camera store or shop on line, then I would recommend the Hoya R72 Infrared filter in a thread size suitable for your particular lens. Do remember that you will need a tripod with one of these filters fitted as you will will be shooting quite long shutter speeds in comparison to normal visible light shots.

15. alright. thanks for your help Ogof Mole. I will look into this.

16. violation

violation

Jul 22, 2008
    USA
    wow! that is an amazing picture.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.