remember the fallen...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by manzico, May 22, 2007.

1. They valiantly gave their lives to provide me with a yummy dinner and have been memorialized in the "Food" gallery on my Pbase account. Here are a few shots (more to follow):

#1:
    original.

#2:
    original.

#3:
    original.

#4:
    original.

#5:
    original.

CC are greatly appreciated.

Dave

2. Amazing shots, I love them, I would never think to shoot veggies.

3. Thanks. They actually make for great subjects. For one thing, they stand still. For another they're easy to get. Also they're usually pretty portable. And best of all, you can eat them when you're done taking their pictures.

Dave

4. here are a few more...

#6:
    original.

#7:
    original.

#8:
    original.

#9:
    original.

CC are, as always greatly appreciated.

Dave

5. mdsign

mdsign

Jun 14, 2006
    Netherlands
    2nd and last pic are the ones I like best.

cheers, Mark

6. Being a mushroom lover, I like just the view of them. Artichokes aren't bad either :smile:

Great pics.

Cheers

7. Nice work as always Dave! Love the sharpness and great DOF, and the composition.

I believe some of these are long(ish) exposure, what do you use for light source? Not you bath room again? Fluro?

Regards,
    Jonathan

8. Well, I can finally say I saw a Morel (#8) this year. I usually hunt a few for a spring treat, but I came up empty handed this year. Got a late start. Nice captures.

9. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Did they serve you well? Nice pics. Great series.

10. Excellent!

11. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Very Westonsih, nice stuff.

12. Oooooh!!! I LOVE the artichokes! I've shot veggies in the past but hadn't thought about artichokes -- fantastic subject! (Makes note to self for next trip to grocery store: add artichokes to list!)

13. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

once again you stun me. You know how to get close for max effect.

14. Yup... in my "studio". Here's a pic:

original.

The skylight (frosted and domed) provides great light... just not a lot of it, hence the long exposures. Also there's nice neutral paint on the walls in there which is not necessarily the case in the rest of the house.

15. The artichokes just jumped out. This bunch are huge and perfectly round... no trimmed leaves (petals?). They made for good subjects and great eating.

Dave

16. LOVE your "studio!" Very clever to set up that black t-shirt, too, for your dark backdrop.

Mmm...yes, it's been a while since I've had tasty artichokes -- I definitely am going to have to buy me some and after I finish shooting them, into the boiling water they'll go!

17. Sancho

Sancho

May 21, 2007
    Arkansas & Belize
    Nice photos, Love the different mushrooms. Thanks

18. I'm glad you like my studio. Other than the low light levels, I think it works quite well. So about your artichokes, I'm curious, I've never boiled them in any way... how do you make 'em?

Dave

19. My husband (who is now deceased) used to put them into boiling water and boil them until they were tender, and then we would dip the leaves into garlicky butter sauce and scrape the meat off with our teeth..... MMMmmmmmm! We'd cut carefully around the choke bits in order to get to the succulent heart, too. Delicious!

20. Sounds good to me. It's similar (ingredient-wise) to what we do. We stuff them with garlic and bread crumbs. Then we douse them with a little wine and chicken stock and let them simmer for a while. I hope you find some nice artichokes and enjoy the meal, and perhaps take some photos too.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2007