reminder: Doors Open Toronto (May 26-27)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VictorM, May 25, 2007.

1. Just a reminder to Toronto-area photographers that "Doors Open Toronto" is this weekend: Sat May 26, Sun May 27

Some interesting stuff this year, like TTC Lower Bay station.

More info here:

http://www.toronto.ca/doorsopen/

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2007
  2. canuckr

canuckr

Apr 9, 2007
    CBD Detroit
    I wanted to make the trip this weekend for that, but dont think I can make it now...

To bad they Maple Gardens wasnt on that list.. :(

3. True, that would have been nice. We need somebody to sneak us in -- John P ? Sandi ? if you are listening... you both seem to have experience with sneaking into that place :biggrin:

4. canuckr

canuckr

Apr 9, 2007
    CBD Detroit
    Yes we do.. I would do anything to see that place one last time!!!

5. allen_a_george

allen_a_george

Apr 30, 2005
    Waterloo
    How was it?

I was at a workshop over the weekend so I couldn't go. How was it?

6. I was working that weekend, I did do Hamilton's Doors Open, great events. I picked up a book covering all the Doors Open Events across Ontario, have to see who is next.

7. I was up north paddling around and totally missed this (duhhhh). With all the electronic gadgets I own, you'd think I'd put a time alarm on something! The Maple Leaf Gardens adventure was a fluke for sure. PJohnP's eagle eyes and my willingness to 'sneak' was aided by my ability to talk myself out of almost every situation should a security guard have presented himself. "Gosh, I didn't know we weren't allowed in!"

I wanted to see the Lower Bay St. Station used for so many movies, etc. Considering this Doors Open is for indoor shooting, you'd think they wouldn't have it on one of the best weekends of the summer. March or November would be better when the weather starts to turn foul. Too many folks are always outside enjoying the sunshine.

Anyone get anything good they want to post up?

8. Stephen, if you could let us know what else is coming up, we might be able to arrange a photographic caravan. I can seat six in my vehicle along with equipment. Might be a fun time.

9. Upcoming Doors Open Events as you requested :)

Ottawa June 2-3
    Owen Sound/Georgian Bluffs June 2
    Perth June 9
    Smith Falls June 10
    Brampton June 9-10
    Kingston June 16 (think this would be more than 1 day)
    Muskoka June 16
    Shelburne June 16

There is a website with more info and you can search by month or location for information regarding what is open and what not.

http://www.doorsopenontario.on.ca/userfiles/HTML/nts_1_39_1.html

10. emidyl

emidyl

Jan 28, 2007
    GTA
    The line up for the Fairmont was so long they closed the line in the middle of the afternoon.