Remote cord ?

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Gilles, Aug 27, 2005.

1. While walking and holding my camera the remote cord slip from my hand to the ground. Do you have a trick to tie the other end of the remote to the camera that would be easy to untied once you need it?

2. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Just a thought..........attach an elastic band to the camera strap, near the bracket. Slip the remote through the elastic band, it should stay where it is put and is ready for use.

3. Thanks Rob I will give it a try.

4. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I'm most likely to use the remote when shooting tripod-mounted, so I've been meaning to use some velcro so that I can attach the remote to an upper tripod leg section. The band around the strap is a pretty good idea except that I usually remove the strap when I'm not shooting handheld (gotta love the quick-release connectors on the OpTech straps).

5. One thing I just found, that plastic pressure ring with the tools that is provided by the tripod manufacturer there a space to put the wire of the remote and after that tie the end of the remote with an elastic above that ring.

6. I use velcro for everything, including for the lens cap to stick to my camera back. If you place it on the ground, you're gonna walk away and forget it. Put velcro on your remote and it'll stay in place. The new velcros aren't that rough on the rough side.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Welcome back Sandi..

Long time no see :>))

8. Thank you Sandi, they sell some at Lee Valley in 30 feets roll for the garden, i don't know if it's the right kind to use.