Remote learning yearbook headshot

My sophomore high school daughter is still learning remotely. We were informed that remote students could take their own photos for the yearbook against a white background or they could just have their name listed without a photo.:eek:

A good excuse for me to dust off my studio strobes and white paper. Large Octabox on the left as the main with a small umbrella for fill on the right.

91920-2-X2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

With a smile that pretty, ya couldn't possibly justify not including a photo in her year book.
Thanks, Mike. An empty space where the photo would be was not an option.

Well done, Mitch. She seems to look a lot like her mother......BEAUTIFUL!
Thanks! She does look a lot like my wife and older daughter.

I'm sure the rest of the parents would love to have you take their offspring's portrait. Very well done!
Thanks, Jim. By the time I had everything set up, my daughter was bummed that she couldn't invite some of her friends over for their photos.

There's a smile we haven't seen much of recently! Nicely done.
Thanks, Nick!

Beautiful smile on the daughter's part. And nicely executed lighting on the dad's.
Thanks. Dialed in a 2:1 ratio on the lights, guessed on the camera settings, and this was the second shot. Not too rusty.

You did a great job. I feel so bad for these kids that have to miss out on their high school years. My grandkids are back to school in person.....for now, at least.

Thanks, Terri.

I feel the same. It's been very socially isolating for a high schooler to be stuck at home with her parents! My son graduated from college this past spring. There was no virtual ceremony or acknowledgement from the school at all. I keep asking him if he actually graduated!

Thanks, Terri.

I feel the same. It's been very socially isolating for a high schooler to be stuck at home with her parents! My son graduated from college this past spring. There was no virtual ceremony or acknowledgement from the school at all. I keep asking him if he actually graduated!
I know you'll make it the best experience possible for her.

Latest threads

Top Bottom