Removing pan and tilt head

I have this setup
Hakuba Carbonfiber Tripod with PH-G40 Pan & Tilt Head as found here
HG503MX

In order to install this gimbal Amazon.com : BEIKE BK-45 Gimbal Tripod Head for Heavy Camera Telephoto Lens with 360 Degree Quick Release Plate : Camera & Photo

I would need to put a 1/4" to 3/8" stud adapter on the setup as is, something like this Amazon.com : Rock Steady SS Stainless Steel 1/4" to 3/8" Bushing Adapter/Tripod 50mm Diameter Desmond : Camera & Photo

Or might it be better to remove the pan head and tilt assembly and find some kind of 3/8" stud mounting plate which at this point I am clueless about. I'm not even sure how to remove the pan head and tilt assembly.

Any help, opinions appreciated.

Extend the center column to see if there are set screws under the mounting plate. Remove the pan and tilt head to see what size the screw is. Get an adapter if it is not a 3/8" screw which is probably what is required for the gimbal head. If the vertical arm of the gimbal has an Acra/Swiss grove you can add accessories such as a flash bracket to it with a clamp and a DIY aluminum bracket.

# 43 and 44 @ Other assorted photos - Jerry Green

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom