Renaissance Fair in a fine town of Bristol part1

Good day.
As some may know, I am an avid history fan.. Only reason why I still don't have a suit is that my car takes up $$ and my original plate mail was stolen when I moved to US...

We went to a renaissance fair over the weekend.. I manages to snap / take (chose the appropriate) around 300 pictures...
Here are some of them.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Drinking sailor. Statuette was maybe 6" tall.

He was a Scholar's father.. I may post a shot or two of the scholar in further parts.

This Gentleman was the owner of a Barbershop. They would braid hair.
Twas a pleasure to chat up with him.
too bad they asked for no flash inside, and I had no tripod, but he'd employed a wench, a witch, two bards and an arab. :)

A bard.
Met us right on the entrance. He was pretty handy with that little instrument of his too... Nothing else matters played by a medieval bard... was priceless.

There were a few people with balance sticks (what would you call that thing?)..quite skillfull they were.

Met a pirate king.
He was the nicest pirate i've ever met.. aside from mr. Depp.. But, when I met Depp, he wasn't necessarily in Character, and this pirate was. :)

Kids were ecstatic, parents surprised, the elephant was happy, moms were watching kids, dads were checking out lass leading the elephant, and this old man, the owner, was... bored.

Right in front of us a tragedy has occured.. A lady pirate became an ex-pirate. She would walk and cry, and ask to be hired by someone evil..

A beautiful flower girl was walking around selling roses.. had to remind meself that I am almost married (happily). She is a true beauty, methinks.

if you would like to see a full size (or other) images, you may find them at foquesphoto.com in the even section.

Any feedback is welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom