Reno Hot Air Balloon Race

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by seabee1999, Sep 8, 2008.

1. This past weekend I went to the Reno Hot Air Balloon Race. It was my wife's birthday so on Friday night we had dinner and turned around at 3AM on Saturday to catch a good seat to watch about 100 balloons ascend into the air. The early morning hours brought a "Glow Show" and a very early ascention on 5 balloons into the air creating a lightbulb effect against the dark Nevada sky. We stayed until about 9AM. The event was free to the public and worth the time to go and see. In total, I took over 135 shots. I only have these processed so far. Hopefully I can have a few more processed through by the end of the week. Enjoy.

God Bless,
    David

D1x and 20mm
    Using ambient light and flash strobe light, I panned back and forth with the shutter open creating a blur sensation

367719758_hWNxo-L.

367721447_ibF7X-L.

Normal exposure techniques
    367720553_t4Fyi-L.

2. Very Nice, David ! I really love the effect of the first two . I've been going to that event for about 8 years now , and that is something I never tryed or seen before.
    Good Work ! I'm sure you are happy with the results ..

3. Thanks for looking and commenting Bill. Wow, 8 years. I wanted to go the last 2 years but my wife's birthday falls around the time of the balloon race. We were dating then and she lived in Virginia. Rather hard to be at both spots at once. As for the technique I tried, I am thrilled the shots did turn out farily well. It is one worth trying. It gives a different feel.

God Bless,
    David

4. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your shots from the Reno Air Race. I never been to that before .

5. evokel

evokel

Sep 6, 2008
    florida
    really nice
    wished we had thoses arounnd here

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.