RENTAL: Have You Used These Guys Before?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbing, Jun 18, 2007.

1. jbing

jbing

Aug 4, 2005
    Medford, Oregon
    Found this small company on the web through another camera site and was wondering if any of you have used them before.

http://www.lensrentals.com/category/nikon-rentals

They look legit and have very reasonable prices and policies. This would be a great way to try out a lens before buying one. Nikon gear is a little limited but I think if more people start using them they will buy other lenses.

Jason

2. Doc Savage

Doc Savage Guest

I've never tried them but after reading the site and chatting with them, I just might try out some of that long glass for some upcoming projects...

Cheers,

Ian

3. icetraxx

icetraxx

May 7, 2005
    Louisiana
    I haven't used them but I have used ziplens.com. First rate service and will be useing again. Thanks for that link I'm keeping tabs of online rental places.
    Larry

4. jbing

jbing

Aug 4, 2005
    Medford, Oregon
    Anyone else?

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I've heard their name before, but I have never heard any pros or cons. I have rented from Calumet in the past with excellant success.

6. I just rent stuff out of a local shop here in town, it's like $100 a day or weekend for a 400mm lens... or $20 for the 80-200 and $10 or $15 for a 50 1.4.

=)

7. jbing

jbing

Aug 4, 2005
    Medford, Oregon
    We don't have local rental shops in my small town, have to go five hours North and their prices are outrageous. Thanks for your input guys!

Jason