Rented a 105 VR Macro

Discussion in 'People' started by NYCPHOTO, Jul 9, 2007.

1. NYCPHOTO

NYCPHOTO

Jul 5, 2006
    I did my first engagement shoot this weekend for my friends. While waiting on the couple to pick their favs I messed with a few of them not together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nice friends

Pleasing feel and nice clothes.
    Good earth tone background pallette.
    Good PP with style.:wink:

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice images.
    He looks out of place in that setting with full suit on:>))
    Looks great though

4. Very nice.

As been mentioned the fella would look a little more casual and relaxed with his jacket off. The last capture of the women is a winner!

Great stuff.

5. NYCPHOTO

NYCPHOTO

Jul 5, 2006
    We got rid of the jacket in the next few shots but his facial expressions were not up to par, lots of closed eyes.
    We took around 500 shots I have never had so many to try and pick the best from deff gives you respect for those who do it for a living.

6. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    What did it cost to rent the lens?

7. NYCPHOTO

NYCPHOTO

Jul 5, 2006
    I got it at adorama for $30 Pick up thursday afternoon return mon morning

8. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Very nice stuff - I love the lens.

9. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    The 105mm VR is definitely one of my favorites. Well worth the investment in my view.

10. The lens is great, but for this type of work i would rather have the 105/2 DC (if i was to prefer the fl)

I love my 105/2,8 VR but i rarely use it for portraits. Even though this post clearly shows it can handle it quite well.

11. They're a lovely couple, John. Are you going to do their wedding?

The first two shots are all-around excellent. The third is spot on technically, but I don't think the pose or expression are particularly flattering. One thing that struck me is your utter lack of respect for ladies footwear :tongue:. Shoes rank very high on the fashion hierarchy, and she probably spent more time picking them out than on the rest of her outfit. But, seriously, the bits of shoe that you've left in are a distraction that begs for completion. It's generaly not recommended to crop closely to any joint, be it an elbow, wrist, or ankle.

12. NYCPHOTO

NYCPHOTO

Jul 5, 2006
    I am actually the Best Man so they will have to pay someone.

I agree 100% on the shoes. Dont worry they are there in most of the shots of them together. I took very few of them alone so there wasnt too many to choose from.
    Here is one feet included:
    768923252_7824424d14.