Replacement Bogen 3021 center column???

Discussion in 'Tripods, Ball Heads, and Gimbals' started by BourbonCowboy, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Maybe someone out there can point me in the right direction...

I've got a Manfrotto Jr. tripod. It's a small 'pod that I use when shooting video. I'd like to use it with my D50 as an extremely lightweight carry-around alternative. It might also be the perfect pod for my (soon-to-be-converted) D100IR. The only problem is that it has a dedicated head that really isn't suitable for still cameras. To make matters worse, I can't use any of my Arca Swiss plates on it.

So I decided to tear it apart tonight. I found that I could remove the center column. What was even better was the fact that the center column from my 3021 will fit it perfectly. So I immediately struck upon the idea of getting another column to make the pod more versatile. The only problem is that I can't find one. I think I found a silver one at B&H, but both my pods are black.

So, has anyone out there had to replace a Bogen center column? If so, where did you find one?

Perhaps I should look around for a busted 3021 - but they're so tough that I doubt I'll find one.

Any ideas?

2. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    My local dealer ordered a replacement center post the last time I needed one. You might be able to go thru Bogen directly. I recall ordering some replacement parts from them a few years back.