replacement camera strap

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by akitaken, Apr 20, 2007.

1. I find the camera strap that comes with the Nikon digital cameras to be uncomfortable. Can I get some recommendations on replacement straps? I'm sure a lot of people have replaced the original!

2. There was a thread about straps a few weeks ago - concensus of opinion seemed to be the Optech Pro strap was one of the best. I bought one on the strength of it, and you know what - they were right. A very comfortable strap.

3. jaymc

jaymc Guest

I suggest a generic neoprene wide strap. Bought one at Ritz Camera for about $14. Comes with easy on/off clips. Very comfortable!

- Jay

4. dsp921

dsp921

May 16, 2006
    Op/Tech Pro Loop. Strong and comfortable, and I really like the loops , I don't worry about the attachment slipping like with the stock strap. Twenty bucks at B&H.

5. Ghunger

Ghunger

Apr 2, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    Just to post another opinion. (I'm sure the Optech camera straps are very nice, they definitely have a lot of good feedback) I really like my tamarac camera strap. It has a "suede" leather cover on the portion that rests against your neck and quick release clips for the ends. It doesn't stretch like the neoprene ones, but I liked the feel against my neck better. Go to the store and try em out imo. Good luck :smile:

6. Will they have the optech straps in a camera store like ritz? I didn't even think about clips but if I could easily remove the strap, that would be great.

7. They should. I have purchased several from local camera stores.

8. I am still using the Nikon strap that came with the camera, but am thinking of using my Tamrac Boomerang strap (it can hold 2 spare CF cards too and is quick release (which is not a big deal to me really), it is neoprene and loved it on my old Panny FZ30, which is where it currently resides.

9. The one bad thing about neoprene is that it's "hotter" than the original Nikon strap. But that one disadvantage is easily overwhelmed by the comfort that these types of straps bring. Go buy one - your shoulder and back will thank you for it.

10. I used the Tamrac N-27 for quite a while. It's perfect for a light to medium load. However, as the load gets heavier, the strap causes the camera to bounce up and down a bit. I got an OpTech from Nikonians and the bounce disappeared. It's a great strap.

11. slappomatt

slappomatt

May 13, 2006
    San Diego CA
    I am looking for a strap as well. I would like something comfortable and secure but I dont think I would like the rubber of the neoprene on my neck. seems like it would get sweaty. any coments? thanks!

12. I have been using the Op-Tech Pro strap for years on other and now my Nikon Digital. I tried the Nikon strap and found it really useless and immediately put the Op-Tech Pro on almost immediately. My wife also could not stand the Nikon strap for her D70s so we got her one of the neoprene straps from Ritz and she loves it...about $14.00 if I remember.

Hope this helps...:biggrin:

13. slappomatt

slappomatt

May 13, 2006
    San Diego CA
    I was in ritz last saturday and I almost got one of their store brand neoprene straps but it said quandry all over it and Just couldnt walk around with that on my neck. :) 

14. My wife's only has a little tag the says "Quantaray" on it. I have a couple of their other straps and they work very well, comfortable, and inexpensive. I still like the Op-Tech Pro strap best as I am a big guy and it fits me well.

15. Has anyone tried the Optech dual strap that is supposed to hold two cameras? Just curious...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.