Replacement D2X Shot

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by jfenton, Apr 29, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    My attempt at trying out the camera last evening in the marsh was squashed by an unexpected thunderstorm and hail.

This morning I stopped by the salt pannes and had all of 15 minutes. This guy flew directly overhead and wasn't exactly lit nicely but it looks as if the camera locked him perfectly as far as focus point goes on 5 out of 5 shots. The shots were taken utilizing AF-C, single area dynamic. It isn't perfectly sharp but as the camera was literally pointed almost straight up, there wasn't really any way to stabilize the lens as I typically would do.

Therefore....tracking appears much better than the original camera on this very small sample of images and I can't yet comment on the sharpness issue.

It's gonna rain again tomorrow but Sunday is supposed to be sunny so I'll do some serious testing then.

original.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jeez Jim, most of us would kill for such a 'not so sharp' pic of these guys. I sure hope that this is a good omen.

Are you coming to Merritt now that you have a working cam? :p

Frank

3. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Hi Frank...

I'll know by the end of next week.....I've got to figure out the finances as we're doing some things around the house....but I'm trying real hard :)

4. Geeze, I'm glad it looks like it works.

Now I can sleep at night.

5. I LOVE the sound of that. I sure hope this one works for you, Jim. Scares me a bit that the camera had to be replaced, though.

Keep us updated!

6. Good news Jim.

I'm hoping that in 5 weeks I will get "non-problematic" version.

7. Excellent image Jim and sharpness does not appear to be a problem.