Replacement D2X Static Shot

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by jfenton, Apr 29, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    There just isn't much wildlife around today...maybe they are laying low because the wind is blowing so stringly....

I did find one goose holed up in the back end of a cove and I popped a couple to try a static shot....this is with the 500AFSII and no TC.

Honest opinions on sharpness? I'm working on a cheesy LCD monitor at the moment here at work as my CRT croaked a short while ago and I can't really judge this.

The focus lock was at the base of the neck where the black stops.

2. Hey Jim,

I don't know if you had problems with these types of images but this image looks to be perfectly acceptable as far as sharpness and focus goes. The water around the leg looks to be clearly in focus and the feathers are sharp.

So far, so good.

_/oe

3. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    I agree with Joe's assessment. Focus appears right on and the goose is sharp with good details in the feathers. I think you got a winner, Jim.

Tom

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jim,

With your focus point at the base of the black neck in shadow, it's really hard to tell. I agree with Joe though that the feathers on the back, very close to your focus point look sharp.

Frank

5. Jim,

Looks good to me as well. I think you got a good one this time.

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;