Replacement Laptop battery

Discussion in 'PC/Windows/Linux' started by kwork, Sep 20, 2008.

1. kwork

kwork

Jun 8, 2006
    NC
    Can anyone recommend a good source for replacement batteries?
    I've got an HP laptop. Are there 3rd party replacements or should I stick with OEM? If there are 3rd party manufacturers, who should I go with or who should I avoid?

Thanks in advance

2. Stick with OEM, I have tried some battery discounters and have not been real satisfied with what I got. Yes I got two batteries for the price of one HP, but I had to return one right out of the box, wouldn't take a charge and the other battery goes dead in about two weeks without being put in my laptop. It's OEM for me from now on.

3. Sphinx

Sphinx

Feb 8, 2008
    UK
    Buy an oem one.

Have a look on ebay.

4. Try www.laptopbatteries.com. They carry both oem and after-market batteries. A google seach will turn up more options. The local Batteries Plus store is another option but usually quite expensive.

5. Kevin, like to others have said above stick to OEM batteries if you can.
    The best place I've found for batteries and charges it's been http://www.getpartsonline.com.
    I have used it for a battery large capacity replacement, and a charger. Both came in brand new sealed in the original boxes.
    I have recommended several of my friends in the past couple of years to the site, and they've been just as happy with their price and service.
    Check it out and tell us how you did!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.