1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Repost 18-200 from Shamong with larger pictures

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by taurus, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Missed the boats

2680679525_bfd66176cb.jpg?v=0.

2. Very nice Steve! Welcome to the Cafe... Love the clematis and old building shots...

3. monkay

monkay

Jun 12, 2008
    New Jersey
    giiiiiive meeeee youurrr lennnsssss

...what? Nice shots!

4. Please spare me Lord Voldemort, it's my only lens.

5. TheCommons

TheCommons

Jul 2, 2008
    LA, CA ;)
  6. Since I only entered the Nikon world in June I am continually making adjustments to my prior Olympus ORF workflow. Thanks to advice from the forum members I have just downloaded and integrated NX2 into the workflow. This seems to have greatly improved the initial NEF 14 bit image (I rarely shoot JPGS). As of last night my workflow was to open in NX2, convert to a 16 bit tiff, import and open in Lightroom (apply my identifying metadata and adjust for white balance, use the Saturation Tool by dragging it in the areas necessary, open in Photoshop CS3, capture sharpen. if necessary, using one of the sharpening plug-ins (I am testing two) or USM and finish adjustments in CS3 lastly using USM or the or the output sharpening of the plug-in to sharpen for web or print. I am still perfecting the JPG web posting aspect as I am new at posting pictures. Until I found the knowledgeable and friendly environment of Nikon Cafe I had little desire to post my pictures. I hope to improve my postings and would be grateful for any suggestions as to the best posting sites (I am initially using Flickr) and the process in general.

7. monkay

monkay

Jun 12, 2008
    New Jersey
    let me know when you grow out of your lens sir.

i'm very far from being a knowledgeable photographer, but I like flickr. though it does have a good deal of dumb kids posting shots of their friends drinking, it also has a great deal of quality photographers and people who can really make you improve with their constructive criticism. i can't speak for smugmug or zenfolio (or any others for that matter), but i've heard good things about them.

i'm sure somebody will chime in with praise about smugmug sooner or later :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.