Reptile House at Philly Zoo

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Dec 11, 2005.

1. The camera club met this AM at the Reptile house at the Philadelphia Zoo. We had access to the reptile house for a hour before the zoo opened. All shots with the D2X and the Nikon 28-70 2.8 with SB800 connected via SC29 cord to help eliminate glare shooting through the glass
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Once again, these shots of yours are incredible!! It's always a pleasure to view your threads. How on earth you are so consistant is beyond me!

I really like the green snake and alligator/crock/cayman shot!

3. Mike...What is that third picture of? Never seen anything like it...BTW...all very nice shots. Thanks for the tip on using the cord to eliminate the glare from a window.

4. Brilliant work Mike:Smart:

5. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Amazing!

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Awesome shots Mike. These are definitely National Geographic level. :smile:

BTW, I now know where my ex-wife went. :biggrin:

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Your photography is fantastic as usual.

the green snake (eeeeeekkkkk) has a beautiful color (eeeeekkkkk)

Screammmmmmmmmm yellllll runnnnn

I'll take Mr Froggie :>)))

8. I don't know what I could add that hasn't already been said about this series. Incredible! A question though, surely there was glass between you and the snakes?

Louie

9. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Nice shots, I especially like #2 and #3.

10. Outstanding work Mike. Your zoo shots continue to amaze. They are sharp, good color saturation and well composed. Excellent.

11. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Really excellent exposures, barely a hint of flash used. ok, so who held the flash off to the side for you? Or, did you hold it yourself and shoot? Was it standard iTTL?

12. That third shot is stunning!

13. Outstanding series! Absolutely beautiful!

14. Kevin
    Thanks so much, the green snake had such an unreal color to him, and another memebr of the club pointed out the reflection of the third shot I need to start writing down the species as I shoot.

15. Mellisa
    Thnaks so much I am not sure of the species to be honest I will try contacting the curator of the reptile exhibit to see if he can ID it for me.

16. Thanks Dave I enjoy the club at the zoo havign early access beofre the crowds makes it much easier to shoot.

17. Thanks so much for looking

18. Thanks Frank ...lmao I bet many have seen there ex's there.....:Shocked:

19. Thanks Gale the green snakes color was amazing, these guys give me the creeps to, glad they were all behind glass...

20. Louie
    Thanks so much and yes they were behind glass or I wouldnt be anywhere near that place!!!! :rolleyes: